Chapter 56: Recovery

Arya's POV -

I couldn't stop staring at the ring as Rome and I walked out of the house, to the car, and now while driving to the hospital.

'We're matching,' I say in my head, sneakily looking at Rome's tattooed hands covered with silver rings.

A warm chuckle fills my ears and that's when I realize I actually said 'we're matching,' out loud.

"We are, huh sweetheart?" He says with his hand now resting on my thigh and I blush wildly.

Glancing out the window I nervously ask, "How much farther are we from the hospital?"

"Not much longer, 5 minutes or so."

Resting my head on the glass I close my eyes for a few moments, "I hope Izzy is okay."

Now that I think about it, I didn't tell Rome that Izzy was the one who contacted Ivan. I'm pretty sure he'd turn this car around so fast I'd get whiplash if I did.

It's probably better to wait until after I see her, I want to know what kind of condition she's in.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Rome says back to me, gripping my thigh tighter in his hold.

Biting my cheek, I decide to stay silent for the rest of the ride.

Sure enough 5 minutes later we reach the hospital and I get ready to sprint to the double doors but I get tugged back by Rome's hoodie I'm wearing.

My boyfriend gives me a pointed look and I give him a sweet smile, deciding to walk instead of run.

Walking side by side, we go to the front desk where a younger looking man is sitting.

"Hi, we're looking for someone's room." I say and he looks up from his computer to me, giving me a nice smile.

"First and last name, dear?"

Rome tenses next to me at the endearment and I almost roll my eyes.

"Izzy Jones," I wait patiently as he begins typing on his computer. I look up to find Rome giving a dark glare towards the man and I giggle.

His eyes soften down at me before narrowing playfully. He lightly pinches my side and I thrash a little.

"Room 214, the elevators are down that hall and to the right. Do you need anything else, dear?" He asks with another grin but before I can answer Rome grabs my hand and quickly drags me away.

"Thank you, that's all!" I say back to him and Rome tugs on my hand making me glance up.

"What?" I ask simply and he shakes his head.

Eventually finding the elevators after a bit of searching, I press the up button and the doors close.

I nervously shift on my feet and shift with my new ring, worrying for Izzy.

"It'll be okay, darling." Rome comforts, giving me a reassuring look and I nod.

Once the doors open I prepare to run but then remember Rome's dark look from earlier. So I decide on walking again.

We pass room 200.

201.

202.

It's a bit of a walk but we make it to 214.

Glancing in from the window, I see Izzy laying in the hospital bed with both her parents beside her.

I haven't seen Izzy's parents in a long time, most of the time they're travelling. However I'm happy to see that Izzy is awake and not in a coma like Elijah.