Chapter 1: Thunder Strikes

Fifteen years ago, heavy thunderstorms scattered around Inazuma.

Civilians were quickly running back to their homes as the unexpected thunderstorm was quite intense and sudden.

While everyone was heading home or finding the nearest shelter, a young girl around the age of five, found herself washed up against the shore of Jinren Island where there were mobs of samurais and treasure hoarders.

Jinren Island was always known as a dangerous area in Inazuma, however it was even more dangerous for a small female child who could hardly defend herself.

Y/n was laying down on the gritty sand unable to get up no matter how hard she tried. She could hardly keep her eyes open.

"I'm...tired" you whispered under your breath as intense droplets of rain kept falling onto you, drenching your clothes.

You started hearing faint voices from afar, you were unable to recognize the voices or yell for help.

"Hey boss, I think someone is laying on sand over there."  The treasure hoarder pointed to the direction where y/n was laying.

The treasure hoarder and his boss, Nobushi, started running towards the little girl as thunder kept erupting screams.

"Hmm?" Nobushi started walking close to the girl, placing his hand on y/n's throat, checking for a heartbeat to see if she was alive or not.
"Ha, she's alive...barely but.." Nobushi started licking his lips, "Even as a child, she'll bring a nice amount of mora-"

"Torn to oblivion!"

With one quick slash of electro energy, both Nobushi and the treasure hoarder got wiped out so quickly, that it almost looked like they disappeared out of existence.

The little girl tried to open her eyes, she weakly stared into the stranger's eyes.

The stranger's eyes were a beautiful shade of purple, they looked kind yet lonely and hurt.
Y/n started to feel extremely dizzy as she kept fighting with her inner self to stay alive.

I don't want to die...

I don't want to be alone!

I want to live...

Before the little girl lost consciousness, she was granted two visions. A phenomenon of not only one vision but two! The stranger was taken back as she saw the girl with the two visions.

"Two visions...strange, never have I witnessed someone get two visions before," the stranger thought for a minute before carrying the girl back to Inazuma city.

—Three days passed—

The little girl abruptly opened her eyes only to find herself locking eyes with the slightly familiar stranger that saved her.

Her eyes, they look so sad yet comforting.

"You're safe now sweetie," a gentle smile formed on the mysterious lady's face, "What's your name? I'm Ei but people call me, Shogun."

"My name...my name is y/n." You held Ei's hand, "Mommy and Daddy...they're gone."
The little girl started forming tears, she was scared yet the presence of Ei made her feel a bit safe.

Ei couldn't help but nod, "I'll keep you safe my dear. Do you...perhaps know what happened to your parents?"

"Mommy, Daddy, and I were on a boat. Mommy and Daddy kept praying to Rex Lapis to...to...I don't remember but they were praying and then...there was a-a storm and-"

Ei unexpectedly hugged y/n, for Ei, this was extremely out of character. She felt saddened as she knows what happened to y/n's parents, unlike the little girl who didn't understand much. "Y/n is from Liyue," Ei speculated, "She probably doesn't understand Inazuma's language."