Chapter 12: Dangerously Complicated

The air felt ominous, everything felt slowed down. Y/n and Ayato's hair and clothes were getting heavily soaked as the rain started falling harder and harder each second.

"Would you still love me when my hands are filthy? Would you love someone who killed others?"

Y/n lightly sighed, turning her head slightly away from Ayato,
"I'm sorry, I don't have an answer..."

I'm sure the heart I left behind would say,
'I still love you' but I realized that I can't answer when I don't feel anything for the current you.

I left my past feelings for the past.

I'll only focus on the present from now on, only cause we're changing each day without us realizing it.

What would be the point in holding onto past feelings and assuming that we know someone well due to interacting a few times?

You paused for a moment, facing Ayato and looking straight into his beautiful eyes."Even if your hands are filthy, you did it to protect your sister and yourself."

"...I'm sorry, I don't know what got to me."

You smiled, hoping to change the mood and perhaps find shelter...?

"We just need to vent here and there sometimes, but next time...could we not do this in a setting like this?" You pointed above, showing how hard it's been raining, then pointing to yourself and back to Ayato to hint how soaked both of you have gotten.

Ayato quickly picked up the hint while reaching down and grabbing the fallen umbrella.

A familiar figure started passing by, "Ah! My bro Aya-woah...what happened to you two?"

You blurted, "Eh? Aren't you the infamous oni!?"

"Oya? A fan of mine? Say, I'll give you an autograph...only for 50k mora. Not a bad deal aye?"

"Put it on Ayato's tab," you grinned.

"Heheh...on Ayato's tab you say? I'll make it triple the amount." The oni kept smiling so radiantly, his eyes had the images of mora bags.

The notorious oni placed his arm around you. "Ayato my bro, my guy, my dude, why don't you treat us to some exquisite food from Uyuu?"

Ayato sighed, "Fine," he started walking close to you, removing the oni's arm away from you, "quit touching my wife."

"Woah wife? Since when did you two get married?! And why didn't you invite your bro?"

You were confused as to why the oni kept calling Ayato 'bro' but didn't question it. Must be his way of talking. "It's a long story, oni—"

"—I'm not 'oni', I have a name you know? Actually, I have many...name-many name...s, I have many."

I get it oni- you have 'many names.'

The large red-horned oni kept continuing, "Such as Arataki 'The One and Oni' Itto.
Arataki 'The Oni Sumo King' Itto. Arataki 'The Pride of Oni' Itto. Arataki 'Beetle Gladiator' Itto. Arataki 'He Might Lose but He'll Never Admit Defeatto' Itto....oh and Arataki 'Oni and His Pitchfork' Itto."