Chapter 14: Kamisato's Sticky Sugar

On a fine sunny day, you and Ayato finished work earlier than usual. Ayato accompanied you outside, sitting and drinking tea made by Thoma.

You were popping many different kinds of wagashi sweets into your mouth while reading a book suggested by Miko. The book was about how a rich man was head over heels for another man that worked in a funeral parlor.

Ayato was paying no attention to his book, rather his attention was on you, his eyes gazing on your figure and observing your face as you were lost in thoughts. The way the sun kissed your beautiful features was all it took for Ayato to lightly blush as he secretly took a few glances at you.

His light purple eyes crinkled at the edges, and the corner of his lips turned upwards. He was passionately scrutinizing how you plopped the sweets into your mouth.

Without you realizing, Ayato sneakily leaned close, reading your book, "Sir Tartar, where are you touching-ahh...it feels so—"

"Ahh!!" You suddenly screamed, hurriedly closing your book as you felt heat crawling up to your face.

"My, I didn't know you were into 'unholy' books." Ayato innocently looked at you, sipping his tea.

"I-I-It's for the plot! Yup! For the plot!"

"Uh-huh, and the plot is mostly...getting chained up and being punished..." Ayato starts mimicking one of the book's lines, "oH pLeASe~ rIgHt tHeRE~ Ah, dOn'T sTOp!" He shrugged, "I won't judge if you're into those kinds of things."

"Nooo, I was only reading it cause Miko suggested it!" You huffed, "And what are you reading?"

"How to NOT give food poisoning, version 2. A book that is suitable to read in public."

You scoffed, folding your arms, "At least I can make food without poisoning someone."

"Oh ya? I don't remember poisoning anyone with my food creations." Ayato hummed in response, taking the last piece of wagashi.

Not long before the famous oni made his way into Kamisato Estate. Itto radiantly smiled wide, he waved at y/n and Ayato before making his way to them.
"You won't believe what just happened."

"What happened Itto?" Ayato asked.

"All the vendors and places I went were all sold out of desserts! Say, would either of you have any type of sweets on you!? Pleaseeee I NEED something sweet after paying the Tenryou Commission!"

"I'm afraid you joined us a little too late," you looked down at the empty plate, "as you can see, our amazing Commissioner ate all of the sweets!"

"Ayato how could you." Itto dramatically sobbed.

"Now now, don't blame me, y/n. I only ate one piece. You on the other hand... you were stuffing your—" Ayato got interrupted by Itto before he could finish.

"Alright alright, I'm blaming you both. Yeah, that's right, you're both in trouble." Itto grabbed Ayato's book, examining it, "I've got an idea, why don't you two make desserts for me?"

"Make desserts for you? What would I get?" You questioned.

"Hmm how about two autographs by yours truly, and the title of who's the better Kamisato chef?"

"I would win for sure."

Ayato stood up from his seat, confidently declaring, "We'll see about that, m'lady."