Chapter 10: Pervy & The Bitter Tea

Days passed, and the sky wouldn't stop crying.
The sky was tar-black, and large grey clouds covered Inazuma.
People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds cried their tears away.

Back in the Kamisato Estate specifically in the commissioner's office, you helped Ayato with his workload. Many copies of the usual day-to-day permissions included the management of shrines, government duty to some extent, and overall civilian affairs.

You were sitting down watching the raindrops slide against the window, not concentrating on your work. You were slightly bothered by your dog ears as they still didn't disappear from Miko's prank.

Just for how long am I going to have these ridiculous dog ears? It's already embarrassing enough walking around the estate, and having people stare but not daring to speak up about it.

Many hours passed by and the heavy rain didn't seem like it was going to stop soon.
Ayato took a peek at y/n's direction, her head leaning against the window while her lips were parted slightly. He couldn't help but admire the way she was sleeping peacefully.

He finished organizing the papers before walking towards y/n. Unexpectedly, Ayato leaned in, his hand brushing against your hair, gently moving hair strands away from your face.

"You smell good..." you mumbled unaware of what you said.

"W-what?" Ayato was taken aback, feeling a warm blush rise up to his face.

Y/n unexpectedly opened her eyes, being met with his soft gentle purple eyes.

Realization hit as soon as you figured out the proximity of Ayato and you. "What are you doing?" You observed his flushed face.

"No- no-nothing!" He stuttered, backing away from you.

"No-no-nothing," you mocked him as your lips curved upwards, smirking, "You're a perv."

"Oh please, I'm nowhere close to being a perv. My heart and mind—"

"—Yea yea your heart and mind is 'pure'." Y/n interrupted him.

Abrupt loud knocks came from the door, and someone slid the door open, "Excuse me for the sudden interruption my Lord."
A young man, seemingly a little older than you, came into the office. His hair was dark black, and the way he was dressed looked like he was in some sort of organization.

"Ah y/n, this is Hisashi. He's part of the Shuumatsuban." Ayato explained.

Shuumatsuban? Isn't that a private organization or something?

"My lord?" Hisashi asked, confused as to why his lord gave out his name.

"Hisashi as you may know, Y/n is my wife. It's fine to share information with her as well."

You looked up at Ayato, confused about what was happening.

"My lord, the Kanjou Commissioner requests a meeting with you and your wife soon." Hisashi scratched the back of his head.

"Oh ya? I don't remember you being involved in matters such as these."

Hisashi's eyes widened but remained calm, "Sir Thoma asked me to bring the message to you as he had to go deal with other matters."