Chapter 34: Heavenly Abdication

"I present to you, Magetsu Mitake!"

With the jaw-dropping speech Kujou Takayuki announced, the citizens cheered with ambition, while some claimed he was the nation's savior. As the Tenryou Commissioner opened his arms, a strange eerie sensation formed. Most Inazumans began clapping, believing their 'savior' was about to offer something renowned.

You blinked a couple of times, not comprehending how easily the people accepted Takayuki's proclamations. You sensed powerful micro-voltages beginning to surround the collapsed building. Your eyes instantly caught onto thick threads of magniloquent shades of purple and sparks of fiery light smashing quickly through the debris. 

Suddenly, a bright glare flashed across the area, blinding everyone's sight. There was a magnitude of powerful energy gathering directly at the building. The scintillating gleam caused your eyes to water while you lowered your head.

For a haste second, you caught a familiar figure emerging from the light, "What...is...that?" You tried to gauge what it might be. The abnormally concentrated energy felt queasy as the flare began to dim down. The beats of your heart pumping began to increase rapidly while witnessing a recognizable god-like silhouette arising.

The figure had long streaks of grandiloquent purple hair, similar to a certain archon. The figure's joints were almost doll-like. A unique choice of armor covered most of her body. When she opened her eyes, you instantly noticed the unmistakable gaze that Ei had. 

Questions were racing inside your head; who was this? Why do Ei and 'It' have similar, almost identical features? Where is Ei?"

Hiiragi Shinsuke silently observed the mechanism before frowning, "I thought I would never see the beauty in action, though it is truly a shame that many sacrificed their lives for a better nation."

Takayuki exhaled, "Sacrifices are necessary for reaching a future worth fighting for." For as long as he served the shogun, he knew Inazuma would eventually be led to doom. "A God who hides away from their nation's responsibilities cannot serve its people."

"Wise words, Commissioner. This thing will be the sun to our nation's glory."

Magetsu Mitake started to scan the area, her eyes wandering around as if it was desperately trying to find something of importance. She grew impatient with each passing minute until she extended her right hand. A bitter smirk crept on her face, soundlessly voicing the words; "The key..." before snapping and surprising everyone. Immediately, the surrounding buildings mercilessly exploded within seconds. Bricks and stones flew in all kinds of directions. You helplessly used your exhausted body to cover Ayato somewhat to minimize further potential injuries.

 You tightly shut your eyes, feeling uneasy as you heard the horror and screams of those who were not fortunate to avoid getting hit. A few of the doushins quickly circled the Commissioners, using their weapons and bodies as a shield to protect Kujou Takayuki and Hiiragi Shinsuke. The Doushins had utmost loyalty when it came to their higher-ups to the point that they were ready to lose their lives for the safety of the Commissioners. 

Neither Commissioner expected Magetsu Mitake to suddenly wreak havoc in the city. An injured innocent civilian screamed, pointing blame at Takayuki, wanting answers. "YOUR SO-CALLED REVOLUTIONARY MACHINE IS GOING HAM! IS THIS YOUR DEFINITION OF HOPE?!"

A young doushin whispered, "Commissioner, the trust of the people will be damaged further if we don't do something."

Takayuki stayed silent, unable to advise any instructions. He wasn't expecting this scenario, and if he made one wrong move, he would cause the trust of his newly hopeful followers to break. Which eventually would render a great deal of humiliation after spending the majority of his life planning for this day.