Chapter 22: Forbidden Mushroom

Ever heard of the saying, 'when pigs fly'?

Well in Inazuma, they have something similar except it goes by, 'When an oni flys, luck is nearby.'

"ITTO!" His name tore from your mouth, and the feelings of worry erupted as you and Ayato rushed downstairs.

The oni landed on a soft bed of soil, squishing some flowers with his weight. Ayato shook Itto's muscular arm, anxiously calling out to him.

"Itto! Itto my bro, wake up!"
It was your first time watching Ayato panic, observing his trembling lips as his face grew ghastly pale.

As for you, it took a while for you to process the situation. You stepped back, covering your mouth with your hands as your body's temperature dropped, feeling icy sharp shivers down to your quivering legs.

An eerie blank expression was written on your face as you noticed Ayato stopped shaking Itto.
The empty emotions weighed you down while your stomach twisted with dreadful fear as you stood there...frozen.

Ayato slowly turned his head towards you. His heart hammered in his chest while his face was expressionless, only fear was engraved through those vacant lavender eyes.

"Itto... isn't waking up." Ayato's voice was edged with terror.

Your head throbbed, feeling nothing but emptiness. The harsh shock left you paralyzed down to the soles of your shoes.
Your eyes gazed at the oni laying lifelessly down on the soil.

It didn't suit him to be......peacefully quiet.

You gulped as you slowly walked to Itto, squatting down while observing his still body.
You were hesitant but you reached your hand out attempting to touch one of his horns.

You knew Itto's horns were sensitive or so he claimed. Maybe touching his horns may revive him. Even though the thought was ridiculous, it wouldn't hurt to try...right?

Your trembling hand gradually reached his horn, feeling rough yet smooth-like texture.
It felt awful to touch his horn without his consent.

One whole minute passed and to think a silly trick like touching his horns would bring him back to life would do the trick...

Itto was long gone.

The infamous oni and his pitchfork era have ended...for good.

The oni who'd often appear out of thin air and change the vibes around will unfortunately never make his appearance again.

Itto...

Itto....died.

"AAACHOOOOOOO!"

Unexpectedly, the oni abruptly sneezed, trembling Teyvat as if his sneeze was some kind of Teyvat-quake. You and Ayato's eyes widened, watching Itto sit up as he wiped his nose.

"Woah wee, did you my bros see that?? I flew for a few seconds!" Itto radiantly smiled as he observed your slightly flushed and puffy face.

"You okay sunshine? You look like you're about to cry," The oni turned his head over to Ayato, "Woah...bro, you look like you've seen a ghost."

"ITTO YOU STUPID ONI!" You shouted, feeling a sense of relief yet a little annoyed by how clumsy Itto can be.

"Glad nothing happened to you...bro." Ayato sighed as he awkwardly walked to Itto while scratching behind his head.

"Awwwww, is my bro getting all emotional and soft?~" Itto teased as he boldly grabbed you and Ayato by his inhuman strength, hugging and squeezing you two.