Chapter 35: Through Rain and Thunder

My life has been filled with unpleasantries.

I was always entangled with misfortune from the first few years of my life till the last. I can't even guess what it must have been to live a normal life.

This...truly is the end, huh?

How strange...I feel so much yet I feel nothing.

As you slowly lost consciousness of your surroundings, a feeling of warmth and comfort was put in place. A feeling so pleasant, it was too good to let go. You began to feel a sense of peace and joy washing over you. All your worries, fears, and pain have started to drift away, being replaced with a symphony of colors and sensations, like a thousand stars bursting into existence. The bridge between life and death felt almost dream-like, surreal, and otherworldly, and a place of beauty and hideousness united with the past and future tangling in a moment of possibilities.

There was a whisper somewhere, a faint echo from the beyond, seemingly trying to reach you. A voice that is soft and soothing, a presence that brings empathy and tenderness like a mother. "Fifteen years ago, there was a calling from the beyond. I met an abandoned human child."

Whose voice is that...?

The sweet feminine sound continued, reverberating through your conscious, "Originally, I was going to let the child naturally pass away but...it seemed like the world had other plans."  You could hear faint chuckles as she resumed, "My y/n, your time isn't over."

You started recognizing Ei's calling as you felt her presence, however, it was quite different from the usual aura she carried. Her presence felt like a beautiful garden blooming with sweet fragrances. She reminded you of a warm embrace wrapping you in peace and tranquility."My mistakes are not yours to fight..."

Your lips began to tremble while you struggled to spew words out, "What mistakes?! What are you talking about!"

Ei continued without answering any of your questions. You couldn't understand what she was implying. "I have failed in many ways, perhaps that is why my unresolved mistakes are coming back."

Her voice began reaching out to your spirit and guiding you away from the realm of life and death. You were pushed in a different direction as you saw the light of the unknown gradually fade away. Ei appeared to be fading, and her voice was becoming weaker and lower. "Not only am I an unsuitable ruler of Inazuma but I am also unfit to have believed I could be that child's mother in the first place."

Her tone conveyed a sense of sadness, "Live. I want you to live."

You suddenly realized what she was going to do as you yelled out, "Momma! STOP! Don't!"

Don't leave me...I don't want to lose you too...

Please!

Just as Magetsu Mitake's giant sword was ready to puncture your body, you started to gain consciousness. You witnessed immense godly and inhumane electro-zaps heading straight for the sword, quickly clashing with it and creating a big bang. The last thing you remember seeing before you once again lost consciousness was a shadow of a female figure with long braided hair.

This day of chaos and madness will forever be graved in Inazuma's history, for this day was a day of revolution and a changing nation no longer bounded by the God of Eternity's supremacy. Kujou Takayuki and Hiiragi Shinsuke's fourteen-year plan had finally been accomplished, and Inazuma was becoming a godless nation. Their strategic and complicated plans required many deaths and betrayals.

In the end, many people lost something that they held dearly. Some lost their children, some lost their significant other, their jobs, and their homes. It was gone. The stars that shined brightly in the night sky were no longer luminous, and the rich moist soil of the land was filled with blood. The buildings that once were standing so strong...had fallen. This day was a day of mourn.