Chapter 8: First Night

Location: Kamisato Estate, Ayato's room.

"You must be joking-" You complained as you crossed your arms, looking at the two futons closely next to each other.

I didn't realize that as soon as I got married to Ayato, my clothes and a few of my personal belongings would be sent straight to the Kamisato estate. I thought I might have had one last night all to myself before moving into the estate.

"Hey, I'm not too content in sharing my room with you either."
Ayato picked up his clean clothes, walking towards the ofuro, before sliding the door open, "Aren't you coming?"

Suddenly, lewd thoughts appeared in your mind.

Imagining the young man fully exposed while warm water cleanses his soft delicate skin as droplets of water slide down his torso as he-AHH STOP THINKING ABOUT SUCH UNHOLY SCENARIOS Y/N!

You yelped out loud, "Huh!? Are you crazy?!"
your dog ears slightly twitching, "I am not going to bathe with you!"

"Woah- bold of you to assume we would bathe together." Ayato sighed, turning to face you, "listen here, inside the furo, there's a small extra room." His ear slightly turned pink, "you'll be washing up in that room."

"Oh."

"Oh? You sound disappointed, were you hoping that we would spend quality time together?"

"Quit teasing me you perverted rascal!" Y/n angrily stomped her way towards the ofuro but before she could enter, Ayato held her wrist, whispering, "Careful not to slip."

You and Ayato entered. It was sparkly clean and organized. Near the sink were well-kept jasmine flowers in an incredibly expensive vase.
You went further into the ofuro, sliding a door that lead to the room Ayato was talking about earlier.

The room was pretty small but comfortable enough to be in. Y/n slid the door closed behind her, gently removing her dirty clothes and placing them in the rattan basket.

She stepped into the wooden bathtub, it was already prefilled with hot water.
She had been waiting for a moment when she would finally be alone.
From the other side of the wall, she could hear slight movements of water.

After you finally finished bathing, you quickly noticed that you forgot to bring your clothes with you.
"No no no! Surely there's a towel here right?" You mumbled, panicking.
To your "amazing" luck, you accidentally slipped down on the floor.

"OWW!" Y/n whimpered, and instinctively placed her hands on her ankle.

Mumbled sounds came from the other room, "Y/n? Did you fall?" Ayato sounded fairly worried.
You heard quiet footsteps near the door.

This is so embarrassing.

"...Ayato, I-"

"—You fell didn't you?"

"Yea...I think I sprained my ankle."

You could tell he was stressed by the way he subtlety taps his foot.
"Are you able to stand?"

"No..." you shamelessly looked down at the wet floor, you were so embarrassed to the point where your voice started shaking "can you...umm grab my clothes from the bedroom?"

The commissioner didn't say a word, he went back to the bedroom, grabbing your clean clothes.
Faint steps came back, knocking on the door.
"Y/n..."