Chapter 15: Voice of The Unknown

While you were all taste testing Ayato's desserts, the tall oni unexpectedly started choking, coughing aggressively.

Thoma walked up to Itto asking him what was wrong.

Did Ayato put in a weird flavor?

Wait no, if he did, I would have been choking as well...

You blankly stared at Itto as Thoma panicked.
Soon the realization hit you, Itto ate  Kurimushi Yokan and Minazuki, "HE IS ALLERGIC TO BEANS!"

Itto stopped choking and he unexpectedly fainted. Panic and havoc emerged inside the kitchen. Ayato dramatically ran up to Itto, holding him, "Itto...my bro, don't die...NOOOO!"

"QUICK GET A DOCTOR!" You yelled, running towards Ayato, trying to shake the lifeless giant oni.

Thoma sprinted out of the kitchen hastily trying to get a doctor before Itto gets in worse condition.

Through the sweet aroma of the desserts, a distinct burnt smell could be sensed.
"Do you smell that Ayato?"

"Please don't tell me the kitchen is burning—"

"The kitchen's burning," you bluntly stated.

"That's fine, it can get replaced."

The wealthy Kamisato man did not bother to give any attention to the burning kitchen. He called in a few of his servants to deal with the fire before it could get out of control.

One of his servants helped you and Ayato drag Itto's unconscious body away into a guest room.

A few hours passed, and Thoma finally brought in a doctor.
"And that's a wrap! He should be back to his normal self in a few hours."

"Thank you doctor!" said Thoma.
As the doctor left, Thoma looked disappointed, he crossed his arms looking at you and Ayato awkwardly sitting near Itto, watching his inanimate body.

Someone slid the door open, and a young woman with pale white-blue hair came inside,
"Ah hello everyone," the elegant woman bowed before walking any further into the room.

"Lady Ayaka! You're back!" Thoma's face lit up, "You won't believe what happened."

"Big brother burned down the kitchen didn't he?" Her composure remained elegant as she caught a glimpse of you staring at her.
"Oh, I'm sorry we hadn't had the proper chance to spend time together. I hope my brother is treating you well and that you're comfortably situated in the estate."

You nodded, acknowledging Ayaka's formality, and thanked her. "Miss Shi-I-err—Miss Aya—"

Before you could speak any further, Ayaka interrupted you. She apologized and let you know it was okay for you to just call her Ayaka.
She appeared to be reasonably shy due to the extreme politeness of how you tried to address her.

The young lady proceeded to talk softly, "So what kind of desserts did you make?"

Thoma excitedly answered, he seemed to be quite close with Ayaka, "M'lady made Mitarashi dango and my lord went all out to create three exquisite desserts, Minazuki, Sakura mochi, and Kurimushi Yokan."

He chuckled as he recalled the wonderful flavors of the desserts, "My lord certainly outdid himself."

Thoma whispered, mumbling under his warm breath, "Was it to gain the title of The Best Kamisato Chef, or was it to impress m'lady
y/n?"