Chapter 27: Sweet Desires

A day before the Tri-Commissions meeting,
Kujou Takayuki sits outside, enjoying the midsummer afternoon in his garden while pouring himself herbal tea.

He seemed to be in deep thought, waiting for something or perhaps someone.

The favorable warm breeze glides through the trees, bringing a calm wave of peace. The grass dances side by side as the wind flies through. The shadow of a mysterious figure blocks the sunlight from reaching the plants.

"You've arrived," Takayuki observed the man walking forward, bowing before speaking.

The vague man watched the commissioner stare intensely into his eyes as he stumbled upon his words. "S-sir...he declined your request—"

"...What?"

"....He—"

"—I never gave you the right to repeat yourself," Takayuki stands up, his anger and impatience can be seen across his old ruthless complexion. "I will not take a 'no' for an answer."

"If I may be bold to ask, why is she needed?" The mysterious man looks down, not daring to disrespect his frustrated master.

"She is the key to the well-being of Inazuma." Takayuki looked up at the sky, mumbling, "Our God has failed us, the longer we stand idle, the quicker Inazuma will collapse."

The Tenryou Commissioner's corrupt expression darkened while he slowly caressed his katana. "I have killed many, whether it was by the blade of my katana or strategic ways. I shall not allow a fourteen-year agenda to go to waste. She will accept my request."

The mysterious man stayed quiet, knowing the commissioner was a ruthless man who prioritizes his agenda above else. He will continue to resort to brutal and unethical methods if needed.

"Follow me, let me show you why she is an important factor in the project." Kujou Takayuki began walking away and the unknown man followed.

Underneath the Tenryou Commission Headquarters, there lies a door protected by two well-trained doushins. They moved once they saw their Commissioner coming their way. Takayuki opened the door, revealing an unmeasurable amount of stairs leading down.

After a considerable amount of time, the commissioner and the man finally made it down into a secret room.

The room was filled with many failed experiments, notes, and an eye-catching entity. A puppet that was trapped in a crystallized amber, shedding tears while it looked like it was unconscious.

The man was too amused, "The puppet...it looks like—"

Takayuki interrupted him, "—shhh, indeed it does. More the reason why I need her to break the amber." The commissioner reached out his hand, a few inches away from the amber. "If she cannot shatter it then I fear nothing will..."

Takayuki was losing hope, his old rusty eyes glanced once more at the amber. He noticed a tiny crack near the side that could've easily gone overlooked.

He blinked a couple of times, unbelieving what he saw. His dry cracked lips parted, smirking in victory. "Would you look at that...huh, there might be hope after all. I wonder what caused it."

"I believe it may have been induced by great emotion caused by her." The man bowed before stepping closer to the restrained puppet. "She and her husband had an intense argument."

"Love and grief are the strongest emotions and in this case, grief is what will set this puppet free." The Tenryou Commissioner spoke deliberately, having full confidence in what the future would play out.