Chapter 9

After patching myself up I go and join the others, Clint makes sure I am alright and I give him a subtle nod

After patching myself up I go and join the others, Clint makes sure I am alright and I give him a subtle nod. "I'm sorry that was odd." The red dude in the middle of the living room says, eyeing Thor "thank you." He says and the blonde gives him an awkward nod. "Thor." Steve says "you helped create this?" I can hear the judgment in his tone and am finding it really hard not to hit him.

"I've had a vision." Thor explains "a whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its centre is that." He points at the yellow stone in the middle of the red guys head. I stiffen, it's an infinity stone, I bite my tongue realising it is probably best to keep this information to myself. Bruce steps forward and asks "what? The gem?" Thor is quick to correct him, dropping his hand to his side "it's the mind stone. It's one of the six infinity stones. The greatest power in the universe, imparting it's destruction capabilities."

Jesus Christ I am in a team full of idiots, the only person who has any common sense has been captured by the bad guy. "Then why would you bring..." Steve starts but Thor cuts him off, I watch as Steve clutches his shield a little tighter "because Stark is right." I fold my arms and move my feet slightly "oh it's definitely the end times." I say and Bruce nods in agreement with me.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor continues, thanks for the vote of confidence Odinson, "not alone." The robot adds in. Steve steps forward, still not entirely convinced "why does your Vision sound like Jarvis?" He asks. Everyone is staring at the Vision who walks into the centre of us "we reconfigured Jarvis's matrix." Stark explains stepping towards it "to create something new."

There is a tense pause before Rogers says "I think I've had my fill of new." This time to robot speaks and he addresses all of us "you think I'm a child of Ultron." I step forward, tilting my head to the side and letting a shield of dark hair fall in front of my face "your not?" I ask and he shakes his head turning to face all of us, now where Tony was standing. "I'm not Ultron. I am not Jarvis. I am...." He doesn't say any more clearly as confused about his existence as we are.

"I looked in your head." The girl says turning our attention to her "and saw annihilation." They share an intense stare that I haven't seen before as he says "look again." Beside me Barton scoffs like he is watching a crazy new reality show and maybe we are "her seal of approval means Jack to me." He says coming forward. "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the mind stone. And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side."

I feel the gentle stroke of Druig trying to enter my mind and I slam him out, wincing at the impact of my walls coming down. Clint noticed this but I give him an ok expression as i ask "is it?" I turn to the Vision "are you?" He still looks confused and looks around "I don't think it's that simple." He admits after a moment "well it better get real simple real soon." I step towards Clint and place a hand on his shoulder, a warning.

"I am on the side of life." The robot presses forward "Ultron isn't. He will end it all." This is so intense and I am trying to focus while also keeping Druig out of my head not really in a position for an argument right now. "What's he waiting for?" Tony asks and Vision looks at him "you." A pit forms in my stomach at the implications of that one word "where?" I ask and Clint speaks up, his facial expression hard and his arms crossed over his chest "Sokovia. He's got Nat there too."

Banner steps towards Vision, his hands clasped together "if we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be......" the red robot looks at him intensely "what will you do?" He asks and he is met with silence which is answer enough. "I don't want to kill Ultron." It says "he's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can to it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go."

None of us even realised that he picked up Thor's hammer before he hands it to him. Everyone stands in shock, Thor looks severally concerned as he takes it and Vision walks off. "Three minutes." Steve says "get what you need." I hear Tony say something about not trusting the two teenagers and I walk up to him "Tony." I say quietly "'They are kids. Scared kids who made the best of what was offered to them. You and I have no room to judge." He nods biting his lip, he folds his arms "but she made you and Thor go all weird, sorry if I'm a little nervous about it." I place a hand on Tony's shoulder "Tony, we can trust them. I feel it."

I head to grab my stuff, being an Eternal I don't need a lot of outside help to fight but I still like having a knife attached to my thigh and a gun on my hip.