Chapter 4

I am in the lab with Shuri when T'Challa makes an appearance

I am in the lab with Shuri when T'Challa makes an appearance. I have my notebook open in front of me and I am designing outfits for the teenager. Ones that both her and her mother approve of, of course. "My king." Shuri says, a teasing smirk on her face as she bows "stop it, stop it." Her older brother says, they both laugh.

"I have already sent a car ahead to Busan for you." Shuri tells him as they make their way down to me "who are you taking with you to Korea?" I stand as they reach the bottom step, T'Cahlla has his hands behind his back as he answers "Okoye. And Nakia as well." We tip our heads to each other in recognition before he adds "and Noelle is she wishes to come."

I move my eyes from one sibling to another "what about Bucky?" I ask, Shuri pats me on the back reassuringly "he will be fine here until you return. I am sure." I bite the inside of my cheek before giving in. Shuri then turns to her brother narrowing her eyes, that makes her look like her mother, "you sure it's a good idea to take your ex on a mission?" She asks, meaning Nakia.

"Yes." The king says simply "we'll be fine. Besides, you'll be on call should we need back up." Shuri celebrates silently and I smile affectingly at the young girl. "I have great things to show you brother." Shuri says, we both follow her across the lab "here are your communication devices for Korea." She hands me one from the case before handing the case to T'Challa. "Unlimited range, also equipped with audo surveillance systems. Check these out." We reach a table full of different inventions and she holds something up "remote access kimoyo beads." She explains "updated to interface directly with my sand table."

The Princess never fails to amaze me every time I am here. I remember when towns and villages became popular. To see humans going from that to this is incredible. Even if they did have a little help along the way. "And what are these?" T'Challa asks spotting something that peaks his interest "the real question is." Shuri says following behind him "what are those?" She points at his shoes and I giggle.

"Why do you have my toes out in my lab?" She asks and T'Challa chuckles like a true older brother "what you don't like my royal sandals?" He asks resting his foot on a stool "I wanted to go old school for my first day." Shrui smirks and kicks his foot down aggressively "I bet the Elders loved that." She muses. She grabs the things that T'Challa was asking about before they got distracted "try them on." She says and he does. "Fully automated." Shuri explains "like the old American movie Baba use to watch. And I made them completely sound absorbent."

The king stamps his foot on the ground but no sound comes from it. I fold my arms "I sometimes forget how young you are." I say, they both look at me confused "what you and I consider old is very different. You think old is 20 years ago. To me, old is 200 years ago." Shuri snorts and I smile. "Guess what I call then." She says turning back to the original conversation "sneakers." She laughs and I roll my eyes "you need to get better jokes Princess."

She shoots me a playful glare before continuing her tour "if you're going to take on Klaue you'll need the best the design group had to offer. Exhibit A." And she starts showing T'Challa his suits. When they are done she turns to me with a smirk "I had something made for you as well." I open my mouth to protest but then she pulls out the most beautiful suit I have seen in my life (media).

"It's gorgeous Shuri thank you." I say clutching it in my hands. She shrugs off the compliment by saying "it is completely compatible with your power, so you don't have to worry." I nod and clutch it close to me. I have a 'superhero' costume already but that one is the same as the other Eternals except it's pink. It doesn't suit me at all.

I go to change into my suit before we head to Korea. Bucky invites himself to see me for the first time in it. "So is this you getting me back from that day two weeks ago?" I ask through the bathroom door. It's been two weeks since Bucky came back from under the ice, he has been doing his treatment regularly although nothing seems to have changed yet. I hear him move around "yeah, something like that." He says gently. He is still so careful around other people, no matter how many times I tell him he can't kill me ans I won't let him do that to anyone else he doesn't listen. Still sees himself as a threat.

I finish braiding my hair and step out of the bathroom. Bucky's eyes widen for a moment before he schools his features "that looks amazing Noelle." He says and I look down at myself, "it feels amazing." I admit. I walk further into the room and grab my jacket and my purse "this is so much better than my other suit."

Bucky raises his eyebrows "other suit?" I nod, shrugging on my fur coat, it gives my suit a classy look which is exactly what I need to blend in. "My Eternals suit, it's pink and totally gross." Bucky chuckles "I would pay good money to see that." I frown and kick his foot. "Hey!" He says rubbing his foot "what was that for?" I shrug and grab the door handle "you are getting more and more like the Bucky I knew before the war." I say "there are differences but the most important parts are still there."

He nods and clears his throat "ready to go?" He wants to walk me to the plane, which I think is adorable. "I'm ready to go and kick some ass." I say and Bucky smiles. My heart picks up slightly at the sight.