Chapter 2

I get onto the jet and the first person I see is Bruce

I get onto the jet and the first person I see is Bruce. My face lights up and we immediately hug each other "Bruce! Where have you been!?" I ask holding him close. I haven't seen him since we defeated Ultron years ago, "I ended up on another planet." He explains as though it is the most normal thing in the universe. My eyes widen and we sit down as the jet takes off. Away from Druig and the security of no war. I guess I can never hide away from a fight. Steve tells me that we are going to pick up Wanda and Vision then we will be briefed on what is happening.

The jet stops in the darkness near a Scottish train station "Bruce stay here." Steve orders as the hanger door opens and the rest of us suit up. Bruce agrees happily, I am already in my suit that Shuri made me and I flex my fingers, yellow energy dancing over my knuckles. "Let's go kick some ass show we?" I ask send a smirk to Natasha and Sam as we walk off of the jet.

We race inside as sam starts to fly "I've missed having you around Noel." Nat muses as we creep through the abandoned stations. I smile and raise my hands power rising through my entire body "it hasn't been that fun without you either." We round the corner and see a woman throw her spear which misses Wanda completely but is caught by someone on the other side of the tracks. Steve, making a dramatic entrance.

Sam then comes flying in and kicks the spear woman in the face making her fall backwards and into a closed store. He then shoots at the other alien as Natasha and I rush towards him. Steve throws our friend the spear, she catches it and launches herself onto the male alien. I rush for Wanda and Vision, "are you two ok?" I ask and the woman nods wiping a little blood from her forehead. "Nothing we can't handle." She answers with a small smile. Natasha continues to fight the man until she stabs him through the stomach and he groans in pain.

The woman comes back with a vengeance, taking the spear out of Natasha's hand. Without even thinking about it I throw out my hands and send a blast of cosmic energy towards the woman making her fly back from where she was about to attack Nat. I grit my teeth, I haven't used my powers in so long that it is a bit of an effort. I summon another bout of power Steve starts to fight her. They engage in battle for a little while longer until Sam kicks the woman again and she lands beside her partner, still clutching his stomach in pain.

"Get up." The woman says in a rough voice, the man sucks in a breath looking up at her "I can't." he admits. I join my friends as they encircle them, I keep my power in my hands as I say "we don't want to kill you, but we will." She eyes the power in my hands with an almost fearful look before covering it up quickly. "You'll never get the chance again." She bites back before they disappear in a beam of blue light.

We head back over to Wanda and Vision. "Can you stand?" Sam asks the robot before helping him up, Vision grits his teeth in pain before tilting his head slightly "thank you captain." He says making eye contact with Steve. He nods back solemly "let's get you on the jet." he says and we head back to meet with Bruce.

-

"Now, I thought we had a deal." Natasha says as the jet sets off into the sky "stay close, check in, don't take any chances." I stand with Steve near the front of the jet while Wanda and Vision sit off to the side. "I'm sorry." Wanda says, her accent thicker then I remember it being "we just wanted time." I relate to that so much. Even though I have had 7000 years on this planet it has never seemed like enough time for me and Druig to figure out what exactly we are to each other. Things always seem to get in the way.

Natasha walks back me and to a seat behind Sam who turns around and asks "where to Cap?" Steve looks deep in thought, hands on his belt buckle. He turns his head to look at me, there is a pause before he says "home."