Chapter 19

"So what are you going to do with him?"Javier asks motioning towards Hunter who is staring into his mug

"So what are you going to do with him?"Javier asks motioning towards Hunter who is staring into his mug. Druig and Enzo shrug "how do we know he won't change back into that monster the moment we leave him alone?" He asks and I wrap my arms around my torso "I don't think he is lying." I admit "he seems genuinely thankful when I turned him back. I don't think he can do it again."

Javier's jaw tightens "I don't like it." I glare it and Druig throws an arm around my shoulder "you don't have to." He snaps. Enzo places a hand on the younger man's arm "I can take him in, if you wish." He says to me and I bite my lip looking past him to the man sitting on the sofa.

"I might have somewhere quiet he can go." I admit quietly "it'll be better for him to be away from all of this." Enzo nods his and the two of them go back over to Hunter. Druig stops me, a hand on my waist "is this a good idea?" He asks and I look up at him "you don't know what he is capable of."

I sigh and clutch onto the hand on my waist "he's just a boy who is lost, you don't need our abilities to see that. I know someone that will be able to help him." Druig sighs and rests his forehead agains my own. "You are too trusting." He says and I smile back "I know."

Someone clears their throat and Druig and I pull away from each other. "Hunter." I say lightly "good news, you don't have to stay here much longer." He looks up at me confused so I explain "I have somewhere you can go, you'll be safe and if you have any more transitions they'll be able to help you."

He sits up eagerly "are you sure?" He asks "I don't want to burden you..." I shrug and wave him off casually. "It's fine, honestly I think it will really help you." He hesitates for a moment before caving and nodding his head.

I turn to the others with a smile and clasp my hands together "you two." I point to Enzo and Javier "can help Hunter here buy some clothes and essentials before we leave." Javier makes to moan but Enzo stops him "it'll be our pleasure." And they leave my apartment.

"When we will have just a normal few months?" Druig asks coming back over to me. I chuckle and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest "helping people is normal Druig." He mumbles nonsense and kisses the top of my head. "One day I'm gonna take you on holiday and you aren't going to help anyone, you are going to be selfish for at least a month."

I roll my eyes and clutch him close. I then turn my head up to look at him "can I show you something?" I ask and he nods, staring at me intensely.  I let down the walls of my mind and show him my memory.

New York 2015

"there she is!" Clint Barton says when he spots me. I smile and hand Tony the bottle of wine I bought "I thought this was supposed to be a small party" I say as he kisses my cheek "it is" he replies and I shake my head. Tony disappears with my bottle and I wrap my arm around Clint's and we walk further into the room "so where is Natasha this fine evening?" I ask scanning the crowd for my best friend "probably being cornered by some poor guy who this he can seduce the might Black Widow" he answers and I snort.

"Nat, you look ravishing as always" I say sitting down at the bar, she finishes the drink she is currently making and leans across the bar "and you, Noel are always late" she says and I shrug looking around "no one noticed that much."

"Hey Noel" says Bruce, I smile and I nudge his shoulder "hey Bruce, how you doing after the other day?" I always make sure to check on Bruce after a mission. I know it can be really draining for him, Bruce nods simply "I'm fine, a little tired but nothing I can't handle" Natasha gives me my drink. I take a sip and wink at her "thanks for my drink sugar" and I head out into the fray.

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony asks and Clint gestures at him "please, Stark, by all means" and the older man stands up. He undoes the button of his suit jacket and I wolf whistle him, he sends me a wink. He comes over to the hammer "never one to shrink from an honest challenge" he says and I snort, I lean back on the sofa and Nat puts her arm around me comfortingly. Friendly.

Tony wraps his hand around the handle and turns to our team mate "right, so, if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?" He asks and Thor nods, a look of hilarity on his face "I will be reinstituting prima nocta" he jokes and tries to lift it. This goes for some time, people trying to lift the hammer with little to no success. Until Steve.

Steve manages to pull it slightly and Thor's face drops, no one else notices it but I do. They then all look at me and Natasha but both of us decline. I probably decline for a different reason than her but we both decline all the same.

"All deference to the Man Who Wouldn't Be King" Stark says back in his place next to Rhodey "but it's rigged." Barton slaps Tony on the shoulder and says "you bet your ass" Maria looks up then, a beer bottle in her hand "Steve he said a bad language word" I almost choke my drink as Steve looks down "did you tell everyone about that?" He asks and Tony quickly moves the conversation on "the handles imprinted, right?" He guesses "like a security code. Whosoever is carrying Thor's fingerprint is, I think the literal translation."

I close my mind and Druig tucks a piece of hair behind my ear "they are your family." He says, his accent thickening "I get that I mean given, after we all went out separate ways you suffered the most but I just don't want you to die in their fights." I kiss him gently.

"And I love you for that." I say "and I promise I'm done. No more fighting, just a nice holiday. Somewhere warm." We share a smile.

Our heads snap around as we hear commotion outside and shouting. We both go to the balcony and lean over to see Javier trying to start a fight with Hunter, I share a look with Druig and he nods his head. He uses his power to stop Javier and the two other men look up at us.

"Thank you." Hunter says and I nod, he comes back into the house and I go down the greet him. Druig hot of my heels. Hunter is clutching a duffel bag with what I can only assume is his new things. "Ready?" I ask tilting my head, he nods and looks around "how are we going?" He questions.

I smile playfully and create a portal in between us "don't worry." Druig says crossing his arms "it isn't scary." Hunter gives him an unconvinced look but steps through the portal with me anyway.