Chapter 1

I have been invited to the palace in Wakanda by Queen Romonda, the queen mother

I have been invited to the palace in Wakanda by Queen Romonda, the queen mother. T'challa is coming back from a mission, collecting his long lost love on the way. "Thank you for inviting me." I tell queen as I walk behind her through the halls. I took T'Challa's advice and chose a more suitable way to travel here rather then my portals this time. She waves me off "nonsense, you have been a friend of this family for as long as I can remember you have as much a place here as Shuri or I." I look down when she says that. I know she means it as a compliment but it doesn't make me any less embarrassed.

The Queens daughter, Shuri meets us at the entrance of the palace "princess." I say in greeting and she smiles "Noelle, it is good to see you." She says. We link arms and walk behind her mother out into the warm air "i hear you have become a mighty know it all since I was last here." I tease. Shuri tries to trip me up playfully "and I heard you got boring." She teases back. I laugh and we stop beside the Queen "I got old Princess, that happens sometimes."

The jet lands smoothly. T'Challa appears first in his Black Panther suit, a woman, Nakia follows close behind having been picked up from her mission to uncover a sex trafficking ring. ThenOkoye appears  looking fierce in her red outfit, the standard uniform for the Dora Milaje. A group of fearsome warrior women trained to kill and defend for their king with their lives.

"Queen Mother." Nakia says turning her palms up to the sky and bending her knees slightly in respect "princess. My comfort for your loss." Ramonda nods her head head recognition "thank you Nakia. It is so good to have you back with us." Okoye clutches her spear tightly in her hand and gives orders to the guard next to the Queen "take her to the River Province to prepare her for the ceremony."

The woman walks off with Nakia, T'Challa watches them go. This isn't missed by his sister who asks "did he freeze?" An entertained expression appears on the general who replies "like a antelope in headlights." We all laugh. T'Challa rolls his eyes and looks at Okoye "are you finished?" He asks and she slams her spear on the floor the other women heading off after her.

"So surprised my little sister came to see me off before our big day." T'Challa teases as Shuri makes for him "you wish!" She says "I'm here for the EMP beads. I've developed an update." The Prince looks unsure and steps back "update? No. It worked perfectly." He insists.

Shuri rolls her eyes and I take note of how similar they look when they do that "how many time do I have to teach you?" She asks using a voice that would make people assume she is older "just because something works doesn't mean that it cannot be improved." Her brother raises his eyebrows in surprise and folds his arms "you are teaching me? What do you know?" He hands over the heads and she moves swiftly saying "more than you." I snort and cover my mouth. The queen gives them a look of emotion, pure and happy. One I've never experienced.

"I can't wait to see what kind of update you make to your ceremonial outfit." T'Challa calls as Shuri walks away from all of us. I turn just in time to catch her throw up her middle finger, her mother doesn't even need to turn to know what she is doing as she calls out a warning "Shuri!" And the girl drops her hand.

I quickly excuse myself, letting the mother and son catch up. I jog to Shuri who is already waiting for me. "So you going to show me what that big brain of yours has come up with or what?" I ask relinking our arms and letting her lead me down the hall.

It is time for the ceremony that will make T'Challa king. I sit this out since it's a ritual designed by their culture for their people. I don't want to impose myself. Instead I sit in Shuri's lab, drawing little sketches of different animals while I wait.

My hair falls around my face creating a curtain against the outside world. I hum a little tune as I work, a tune that used to be played in 18th century, under George I reign in England. God they could make beautiful music.

I close the sketch book in dire need of some food. Before I can move another muscle however I feel a presence behind me even though I know everyone is down at the ceremony. Without thinking about it I turn and throw a ball of energy out and towards the person.

Druig narrowly dodged it and thankfully it doesn't hit anything vital. I make a note to apologise to the Princess later. "My beautiful Persephone." He says putting his hands in his jacket pockets "I see you are fairing well."