Chapter 11

2 weeks later 

2 weeks later 

"The sudden appearance of an enormous stone figure in the Indian Ocean has left more questions that answers for authorities." The news broadcaster on the tv says. We have all been staying at Ajak's place for the last 2 weeks, trying to reset ourselves before going back to humanity. "You guys did that?" Ben asks pointing at the tv as Makkari, Phastos, Druig and I sit on the other sofa stuffing our faces with pizza. Phastos pauses for a moment looks over at his husband "I love you so much." Is his only reply, mouth full of pizza. Ben just looks at us in disbelief as we continue to watch the coverage of us saving the world. 

Phastos seems to spot something in the kitchen as he starts to panic and puts his plate on my lap "um, can you just... look.... One second." He says all flustered before getting up and heading into the kitchen where Thena is talking to Jack. We all get up and follow him into the kitchen. "Auntie Noel!" Jack says and races towards me, I smile and pick him up, placing him on my hip. "Hey kiddo." I say, he stares at me with big brown eyes "is it true you fought monsters on the beach?" He asks and I look over at his dad who gives me a pleading look. A smile spreads across my face and I place Jack back down on the ground "I sure did." This seems to intrigue him more. "Where they scary?" Jack asks and I nod my head "And they liked to eat little boys." I say lunging forward and tickling him. 

Jack and Phastos come outside to say goodbye to us. Thena and Makkari are taking the Domo, while Druig and I have a beautiful red sports car that Ajak had kept in her barn. "Okay, that's far enough Jack." Phastos warns as Thena and Makkari head closer to the Domo. Jack pouts and looks up at me and Druig "Why do you have to leave?" He asks and I sigh, fishing the car keys out of my pocket and handing them to Druig "Because little man." I say crouching down to his level "Me and uncle Druig have some things we have to take care of. Plus I don't think your dad want's us to stay forever, he's scared we will become your favourite." I whisper the last part which makes Jack smile before he hugs me "I'm gonna miss you auntie Noel." My heart squeezes in my chest and I fuss up his hair "I'm gonna miss you too Jack Attack." I say before standing up. 

I brush myself off and look over at Phastos "Don't give him such a hard time, he's only a kid." I say and Phastos rolls his eyes before pulling me into an embrace "I'll see you." He says and my smile drops for a moment, after today, there will be no reason for us all to be in the same room again. Something about that makes me upset but I push it away to deal with later. I head over to the car and buckle myself in to the passengers side before looking over at Druig. "You ready?" He asks and I nod before we speed away. 

We stop off about five hours into our journey. "Where are we?" Druig asks as we walk up the steps to the cabin "Visiting an old friend." I muse before knocking on the door. I hear footsteps and then Pepper opens the door, her face one of surprise. "Noel!" She says "What are you doing here?" I shrug, feeling Druig standing close behind me "Was in the area, thought I would come and say hi." She lets us in but continues to stare at Druig. "Oh, Pepper this is Druig. Druig this is Pepper, an old friend." He nods his head towards Pepper and looks out of the window which gives her the opportunity to mouth "hot." which earns a laugh from me.

"So, where's Morgan?" I ask surprised that she hasn't come running out yet. Pepper shrugs and collapses onto her sofa "off somewhere with Happy. She has been incredbly excitable today we are trying to tire her out." I smile because that sounds just like the little girl. "I've missed you so much Pep." I say sitting down beside her "I've missed you too." She replies, pausing before asking "was that you on the tv? Did you guys do that?" I nod my head and let out a long breath "You will not believe the week we have had." Because it has been only a week, a weird thing to think about considering what has happened. Three of us are dead, and one of us turned human. Such a weird prospect. 

Before I can say anything more however, I am yanked away from my friend and into the sky by a higher power. I turn my head and see the others suspended with me, in front of us is Arishem and I feel a pit form in my stomach. I had hoped we had longer before the consequences of what we had done caught up to us but I guess stopping an emergence was more obvious than we thought. "You have chosen to sacrifice a Celestial for the people of this planet." Arishem gives us a recap of what we did "I will spare them, but your memories will show if they are worthy to live. And I will return for judgment." Then the entire world goes black.