Chapter 7

Steve and I run for the helicopter in the middle of the airport but stop when something flies at it and electricity dancing along it

Steve and I run for the helicopter in the middle of the airport but stop when something flies at it and electricity dancing along it. I look up and nudge Steve, he looks up too and Tony comes flying towards us with Rhodey close behind in his own suit. They land in front of us dramatically "wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport." Tony says sarcastically as his helmet comes off revealing a black eye "definitely weird." Rhodey says.

I tilt my head to the side watching the two men "hear me out Tony." Steve tries "that doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Before anyone else can speak a man in a black panther suit comes rapidly towards us and my pulse quickens. "Captain." A familiar voice greets, I straighten up. "Your highness." Steve tips his head in greeting, I place who is behind the mask and say "I'm sorry about your father T'Challa." The others give me funny looks.

The new king nods his head "me too." I step forward "but killing Barnes won't bring him back." T'Challa sharpens his claws menacingly "no but it will avenge him." He says. Tony clears his throat drawing the attention back onto him "anyway... Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in." He tells us "that was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Steve doesn't even blink before replying "you're after the wrong guy."

Tony glares at us, his black eye prominent against his light skin "your judgement is askew." He bites "your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." I cut through Tony's little righteous act saying "and there are five more super soliders just like him. We can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. We can't." I give him a pleading look, hoping he will see reason.

"Steve. Noelle...." We turn behind us and Natasha stands there, I am surprised to see her on the other side of this considering her usual feelings about being controlled "you know what's about to happen." She warns "do you really want to punch your way out of this one?" We turn back to Tony in silence. He sighs in frustration "all right, I've run out of patients." He cups his hands around his mouth and calls "Underoos!"

Before we know what's really happening Steve's shield is taken from him and his hands are bound in what looks like spider webs. Then a man in a spider costume lands with Roger's shield on his arm "nice job kid." Tony admires and when the man talks I realise he isn't a man but a kid "thanks. Well I could have stuck the landing a little better, it's just.... New suit. It's nothing Mr Stark. It's perfect. Thank you."

I snort and fold my arms "a kid? Tony? Have you run out of friends?" He shoots me a look and I smile knowing I hit a nerve. "You've been busy." Steve taunts and Tony finally snaps "and you have been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint.... 'Rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave. A safe place. I'm trying to keep.... I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

Steve just sighs "you did that when you signed." Tony looks heartbroken for a second before he shakes his head "all right, we're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us... or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite." Steve and I look at each other in silence.