Chapter 14

The torturing goes on for what could be days, months or even years

The torturing goes on for what could be days, months or even years. I have no concept of time, I go to and from what I have affectionally called the hell room and my cell twice before I go back to sleep and I have two meals between that. I guess they do that so I cant keep track, they are smarter than I give them credit for.

My cell door opens and my guards haul me from the room, my body is weak from the damage done despite the accelerated healing they have managed to perform on most of my more serious wounds. They strap me to the chair in silence like the do every time, my head hangs low. "Are you going to tell us what we need to know now Noel?" The man in the suit asks crouching down. I stay silent.

A hot poker, a new favourite of theirs, sticks into my back and I scream Yeah I caved and started doing that a while ago. The pain in my back is extreme and they twist the poker around, "what about it?" He presses. I gasp for air and look up, staring at him intensely, surely they get the hint by now that I will never tell them where my friends are. The poker is removed from my back and I hiss as they rub salt into my wounds, literally. I wiggle around, my back burning and itching. The man tilts his head "you are only making things worse." He says, his voice soft as though that will make me forget what he is currently putting me through.

He sighs and stands up straight, talking to someone behind me "time to switch it up, while we wait for you to tell us where the others of your kind are. We will learn what we can from you." my blood freezes and I start to shake, my whole body trembling. "No." I say as they start unstrapping me "no, no, no please no!" they all ignore me.

Once I am untied my guards drag me across the room and back down the hall, back to the room I woke up in the first time."No, please." I sob as the tie me to the hospital bed "please don't do this." The suit man appears above me and waves the guards off, the disappear from my view. "Are you ready to tell us where the others are?" he asks and I shake my head, gritting my teeth and pulling against the restraints "go to hell." I say through clenched teeth. The man straightens and orders "put her under." Someone puts an oxygen mask on my face and I start panicking. I fight against it as hard as I can but in the end the darkness claims me.

-

"Noel." A familiar voice says as my eyes start to flutter open. They feel so heavy its an effort just to blink. "Noel, wake up darling." The voice says, I manage to crack my eyes open slightly and I see a dark, blurry figure. When the figure comes into focus my eyes widen.

Druig smiles and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear "hello gorgeous." He says gently before taking my oxygen mask off and unstrapping me from the bed. I am so weak all I can do is turn my head to follow him, he makes quick of the rope before coming over and lifts me up with little effort. "Dru-" I start my voice cracking, I wince in pain as my throat feels like it is sandpaper. "Shush." Druig says pushing open a door, alarms sounding around us "don't try to talk. We've got you."

We? My question is quickly answered by Ikaris appearing in my line of sight, my eyes still so heavy. I close them again. "Take her." Druig orders and I feel myself moving from one pair of arms to another "take her out of this place." There is a pause, the only sound the alarms blaring all around us "what are you doing?" Ikaris asks and my mind starts fogging again. Whatever they have been giving me, its stronger this time. I can hardly fight it off.

"I'm going to find the bastards that did this to her." Is the last thing I hear from Druig as we start to move. Ikaris is flying, I can tell because there is a cool breeze "its ok Noel, its ok." He soothes as I twist in pain.

We leave the building, cold air hitting my wounds and I cry out in pain. My eyes are still shut but I can feel Ikaris place me down gently then another voice says "oh my sweet girl." Ajak. "What have they done to you?" I open my eyes slightly as she cups my face. I watch her turn back to Ikaris "find Druig." She orders coldly and he nods before flying away. Ajak turns back to me and looks down softly "sleep, its alright Noel. Just sleep." and I do.

-

My head is pounding when I wake up and wince, this feels like the biggest hangover ever. I gently open my eyes and realise I'm not in my cell, in fact I'm not in the building at all. I am in my new apartment, on the bed. I am lying above the covers, the curtains open and light leaking into the room. I rub my forehead as I sit up, there is a bandage around my torso and on my leg.

"Guys!" Ikaris shouts from the wall to my right "she's awake." I didn't even notice him there at first. That drug must still be in my system. Ajak and Druig appear, the woman holding a steam mug. "You gave us quiet the scare gorgeous." Druig saying taking the mug from Ajak's hand and coming over to me. I run a bruised hand through my hair "how did you find me?" I ask "how long was I out?" The mind controller smiles a rare smile and hands me the mug. I clasp it in my hands thankfully for the warmth "well, when I couldn't feel you in my mind I knew something was wrong." He starts explaining gently "I tired contacting you for two days and when u got no response I went to Ikaris and we made a plan to try to find you. About four days in we realised you might be seriously hurt so we asked Ajak if she could help look. We found your apartment and there was a note saying you had been taken and that if we wanted you back we would have to make contact and meet people at a undisclosed location."

I suck in a breath and Druig places a hand on my leg comfortingly "we did and as soon as we got to the place we know that was where they were keeping you" Ikaris kicks off of the wall and steps a little closer. "To answer your other question." he says "you have only been out for a few hours. You were MIA for almost two weeks." I feel myself pale, I turn to place my mug on the nightstand and hiss in pain. Druig leaps into action, taking the mug from me and placing it down "you should rest." He says and Ajak wrings her wrists in nerves or anxiety I cant tell.

"I healed you as best I could on the scene. I need to heal the rest, we wanted you to rest first." She explains and Druig shoots her a look, climbing onto the bed next to and placing a arm on the headboard behind me "she needs to rest, you can heal her tomorrow." Ikaris shakes his head, folding his arms "she can rest better if she gets healed now. She shouldn't be in anymore pain." Druig opens his mouth to argue but I hold up one hand silencing him while wrapping the other round my torso. "Don't fight guys, I can speak for myself." Both men look at me slightly sheepishly and I turn back to our leader "I would like you to heal me tonight." She nods.

Ajak comes over to my side of the bed and I wave the boys away "go do something useful, like get me some food. I am starving." They both nod and lean the apartment without much argument. Ajak sits on the edge of the bed and starts unwrapping the bandages on my leg "you have everyone on this team wrapped around your finger you know." She muses as she gets to work. I smile and watch as she heals the wounds on my leg, which are red and irritated "yeah, I know." I say"who could resist this charm." we both laugh.

She finishes with my leg and makes me sit up again so she can unwrap the bandages covering my back wounds. "It seems to be you I am always healing." She states and I wince as the final bandage comes off and the cold air hits it "what can I say? I like danger." Ajak tuts like a disappointed mother "you are reckless." I sigh and look away. I feel her gentle touch on my back, my wounds slowly healing like magic.

"It wasn't my fault." I say after a few minutes of silence "they drugged me from behind, there was literally nothing I could do." Ajak sighs and flicks her hair from her face and meets her brown eyes with my own. "I know that Noel." she says softly "we were just worried, thats all."

She finished and I put my shirt back on just as Ikaris and Druig come through the front door with stakes and stakes of food. They drop them all on the bed and I raise my eyebrows "we didnt know what you wanted." Druig says going slightly pink "so we got you all of it." We all laugh.

A/N: I think this is my favourite chapter so far and its getting closer to Infinity War and Endgame!! I am so excited to start on the newer phases. Let me know what you guys think of the story so far :)