Chapter 8

While a group of people head off to collect Thor from his home in New Asgard I find a bed to lie down in and close my eyes

While a group of people head off to collect Thor from his home in New Asgard I find a bed to lie down in and close my eyes. Inside my head, I start searching for Druig and when I find him, he lets me in comfortingly. "Hello, my love." He says, his voice purring inside my head. I smile gently "hey." I reply. There is a silence in my head despite knowing he is there, it takes several moments before he says something "you are doing something that is possibly dangerous and would defiantly piss off Areshem." He knows me too well, even without reading my thoughts he just knows. "Don't try to talk me out of it." I reply calmly "I need to do this." I feel his gentle touch in my mind and I visibly shiver at it.

"I know my love, you are too good for this world." He says affectionately "I know you will set things right." I take a deep breath and open my eyes. I can still feel Druig's presence in my mind however I move to where I need to meet the others to set up a plan, hopefully, Druig can give us some insight into where all the stones are.

Bruce, Tony and I are all working on the time machine concept me and Tony figured out back at his place. Loud music is playing to fill the empty space around us as Thor waddles in, drunk and fatter than I have seen him before. "Ratchet, how's it going?" Tony calls out asking Rocket who correct him in a slightly annoyed fashion. "Take it easy." He retorts "you're only a genius on Earth pal." I chuckle and continue screwing some bolts in to the metal. Thor belches and we all look at him "lovely." I muse and he sticks his thumbs up at me grinning brightly. Once the machine has been built Clint offers to be our test subject for this.

"All right Clint," Bruce says as we stand behind a bunch of switches, looking over at him standing alone on the platform. "We're going in three, two.... one." Bruce counts down and then the machine does what it's supposed to and Clint shrinks swiftly before disappearing altogether. I suck in a breath and I can feel my heart racing. When I feel like he has been one to long I snap my head to Bruce "bring him back." I say and he nods, flipping switches that should hopefully achieve that.

Clint reappears, kneeling on the ground and looking more distressed as before. We all rush up to help him, afraid of what might have happened when he was away. "Hey, hey. Look at me." I say as I get to him first "you ok?" I help him up, rubbing his back supportively. "Yeah, yeah." He says panting, looking between everyone before his eyes finally land on me "it worked." He hands me a baseball glove and my heart swells so much. Finally. Hope.

Now it's on to the next part of our plan, figuring out what times we need to go to in order to get the stones safely. Of course, this is virtually impossible since none of us knew of the stone's existence before these events happened so it will be tricky to narrow down. "Ok, so the how works," Steve says as we all stand/sit in a board room, with screens projecting the different infinity stones to refresh our memories of what each of them looked like. Some of them we had never seen before. "Now we gotta figure out the when and the where." I muse out loud staring at the reality stone, wondering why that one appears in a liquid before being put into the gauntlet yet magically turns into a stone. Although I should probably not be questioned that since the power of the stone is to control reality.

"Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones." Steve continues, Tony cuts in with a comment of his own "or substitute the word encounter for damn near killed." I roll my eyes at the pettiness of it all. I thought we were over that after Tony gave Steve back his shield but I guess not. "Well, I haven't." Scott admits innocently "but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." No one decides to explain it to Scott as Bruce adds "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

Another cut-in from Tony "our history." God does this man ever not feel the need to be the most important person in the room? "So not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in yeah?" Tony continues. I sigh and sit back in my chair, feet up on the table "which means we have to pick our targets." I muse and Tony casually points at me "correct." And so the brainstorming begins.