Chapter 6

The battle continues and the creatures keep coming with no need to stop

The battle continues and the creatures keep coming with no need to stop. People around me are fighting with all their strength and I know that they have the people they love in their hearts and heads right now as they face these creatures. My mind is on Druig, what he is doing now and if he is thinking of me. I gently let down my mental shield, hoping that I can feel his presence as a way to urge me on. To keep fighting.

Bucky is covering my back with gun shots as I fire shot after shot of cosmic energy however a monster knocks both him and me back at the same time. Landing with a grunt on the floor I scramble to get up without much success as a creature grabs me by the ankle, it's piercing teeth puncturing my ankle. I grit my teeth against the pain as it drags me forward and roars in my face.

I throw up a shield with as much power as I can currently must however the monster breaks through in seconds. I scream in pain as its two hind legs clutch onto my own to make sure I don't escape. I create a dagger of cosmic energy and stab it into the creatures neck before dragging it across. It falls to the ground.

Just as I manage to escape two more of the creatures are on me and I start speaking a prayer "to Arishum and the other powers." I say as I begin to fight them "may you watch over my soul as it returns to Olympia where I may finally know peace and let my violence end there." I manage to chop one in half but not before another three join them.

"There are too many of them!" Bruce shouts and then a bright light, almost like a star spears down into the earth revealing Thor accompanied by two beings I have never seen before. "Bring me Thanos!" Thor shouts as a way of greeting, charging into the fray and easing the amount of monsters around us with a simple lightning bolt.

Bruce laughs manically before saying "you guys are so screwed now!" Before the fighting starts with a new sense of purpose.

-

Steve and I are fighting back to back, trying to stave off the creatures until we can regain our strength. With a moments reprieve we both turn to look at Thor who is looking a little different since the last time we saw him. "New hair cut?" Steve asks motioning to his face, Thor nods also gesturing "noticed you've copied my beard." I roll my eyes at the clearly over masculine way they are comparing one another.

"Oh by the way." Thor says pointing towards the tree like creature spearing three of the aliens on its arm "this is a friend of mine, Tree." said creature roar in anger as his arm shrinks back. "I am Groot!" He shouts and rather cutely Steve replies "I am Steve Rogers." I move forward and throw a spear of energy at a creature that was about to attack Thor from behind. "Good to have you back." I say with a smirk.

Thor returns to gesture "you too Noel." and we go back to fighting.

The ships that landed in the forest start moving then, disrupting the ground and creating an earthquake as the move. Then, giant machines with blades that rotate appear on our side of the barrier and I curse gently. "Fall back!" T'Challa orders from close by "fall back now!" and everyone starts running away from the machines which are racing towards us.

Sam and Rhodey start trying to take them down from the air although not as quickly as anyone would like. Just as one is about to hit us I bring up the last of my power and throw it out. Catching the machine, I grit my teeth and scream as my knees start to buckle. I can't hold this much longer. Everyone scrambles away from it apart from Steve who stands there in awe "you need to get out of this Steve." I manage to get out and he looks over at me "how long can you hold it for?" He asks me.

I am now on my knees in the dirt, my whole body shaking with the effort "go!" I shout before pushing my arms away from me letting the net I have cast around the machine to fling back so it it outside the forcefield and in pieces. I take a gasp of air and Thor rushes over to help me up "thank you." I pant before he offers me his axe. I loom at it hesitantly so he says "you need this more than I do right now." I take it and we promptly engage in battle again.

However it seems like all of our fighting was for nothing as Vision flies out of the window and into the forest while fighting someone "guys." I say into my earpiece "we got a vision situation here." and I hear Steve, a few steps away shout "someone get to Vision."

I look over at Bruce and nod my head the both of us racing towards where he landed. Praying it's not too late.