Chapter 2

I am standing on a street corner in Lagos, the sun beating heavily and people moving all around creating more heat

I am standing on a street corner in Lagos, the sun beating heavily and people moving all around creating more heat. I have sunglasses on and a phone in my hand, the perfect tourist. Even if my outfit doesn't exactly scream that. I am wearing a cream coloured body suit with black leather pants and black combat boots.

Steve's voice sounds through the comments in my ear cutting through my concentration "all right, what do you see?" I look up and down the street, people are buying things and selling things and going about their business. "Standard beat cops." Wanda replies through the earpiece. Her, Natasha and Sam are all in a coffee shop, separate tables to avoid suspicion "small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." I move towards the cafe, boots hitting the ground steadily.

"There's an ARM on the south corner." I say "which means?" As I come into view of the cafe Wanda answers "cameras." I spot her and Natasha instantly but only because I'm looking for them, otherwise they would blend in. "Both cross streets are one-way." Rogers explains, I accidentally bump into someone and apologise quickly. Wanda continues answering "so, compromised escape routes." This is her and Sam's first official mission as Avengers, I wasn't originally going to come but we ultimately decided if something went wrong I would be best back up.

Although I am still on edge after my talk with Arishum. I spoke to Ajak about it and she told me it's nothing to worry about, that I am probably just part of how the humans evolve but I think there is more to the story. "Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." I add finally stopping outside the cafe, looking down at the phone in my hand as though distracted, I'm anything but.

"See that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asks, I saw it on my way down. "Yeah, the red one?" Wanda muses "it's cute." I smile at how flippant she is. "It's also bulletproof." Natasha finally speaks "which means private security... which means more guns..... which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Wanda doesn't try to hide the irritation in her tone as she lifts her cup to her lips "you guys know I can move things with my mind right?"

I let my eyes look towards the car again, analysing it more then the others had, "looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." I command calmly. Just when I think he has fallen asleep Sam says "anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" A smile dances on my lips as I push my sunglasses to the top of my head "no. Why? Have you heard something?" I jest back.

"Eyes on target folks." Steve redirects us back to the task, forever the captain "this is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Sam chuckles through the radio seemingly entertained "if he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kinda hates us." I roll my eyes gently, glancing around at the street surrounding me.

There is a sudden lot of shouting and horn honking going on which catches all of our attention. "Sam." I say catching eye of a garbage truck making its way slowly down the road "see that garbage truck? Tag it." And he does, following my orders perfectly. We wait a few minutes before Sam tells us "that truck's loaded for max weight. And the drivers armed."