Chapter 12

"Haven't I made it clear enough?" I ask, turning my head away and wrapping my arms around my body "I don't have anything to say

"Haven't I made it clear enough?" I ask, turning my head away and wrapping my arms around my body "I don't have anything to say." I hear the crunch of leaves and then Druig is in front of me. "Well, I have enough to say for the both of us." He says grabbing my chin and pulling it so I lock eyes with him "so listen."

I swallow hard, trying not to feel so attracted to him right now. "I know you feel guilty about what happened to your friends." He says and I wince slightly "but, you are still alive. You are here, with someone who loves you and all you can do is mope around about something you cant change. Stop wasting your life." Tears threaten to spill and I push him away. Druig falls back a few steps "your friends would want you to live, they would want you to be happy. Why can't you do that for me?"

I laugh and shake my head "for you?" I ask "my best friends died Druig, that isn't something you can just get over. My friends are dead and those who are still alive are broken far worse than me and there is nothing I can do to help them. So I'm sorry if my grief process isn't quick enough for you." I push past him and walk to Nadia's cabin. This time he follows me.

"You can't just walk away Noel. Life doesn't work that way." He calls out, I stop and spin around to face him "doesn't it?" I snap angrily "haven't I earned the right to walk away? After everything and everyone I have lost, don't you think that I deserve the time to heal and not on anyone else's schedule?" Durig steps back.

His face looks shocked, then it shifts to concern "do you want to walk away from me?" He asks gently and I groan running my hands through my hair. "Jesus, Druig! That's not what I meant and you know it." I stalk towards him and raise my hands to cup his face.

"I know you can be a good man Druig." I say "but you seriously need to know when to let go." He swallows hard and grabs my hands with his own. "Please." He says, his voice breaking "I don't want to let you go." I smile sadly and feel tears fall down my cheeks. "Druig let me go." I say, then I drop my hands and turn around.

He doesn't follow me and I walk away, past the cabin and into the woods. I take a deep breath before opening a portal and stepping through it.