Chapter 12

The battle is over, we are at the new Avenger's compound which is so much nicer then the tower although I won't admit it to Tony, his head is already big enough

The battle is over, we are at the new Avenger's compound which is so much nicer then the tower although I won't admit it to Tony, his head is already big enough. "We're dealing with something new." He says. Thor, Steve, Tony and I are all walking down the pristine white halls of the new facility "oh the Vision is artificial intelligence." Steve says, nudging my arm "a machine." I say and Steve continues firmly "so it doesn't count?" Tony shakes his head "no, it's not like a person lifting the hammer."

Steve raises a hand "right, it's different rules for us." Thor and I share a smile, both entertained by the way the two men are trying to rationalise Vision wielding Thor's hammer. "He can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone." Thor says as we stop walking "it's safer with the Vision. And in these days safe is in short supply." Naturally things can't stay serious for long as Steve presses "but if you put the hammer in an elevator....." Tony throws out an arm "it would still go up." Rogers shakes his head and Ria see his eyebrows "elevators not worthy."

I snort and Thor chuckles "I'm going to miss these little talks of our." He says patting Stark on the back "not if you don't leave." The other man says quietly. We continue walking outside as Thor says "I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. It's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us."

We say goodbye to Thor, I make him promise to keep me updated, if the infinity stones are in play I want to keep an eye on it. I will figure out if this is Arishum's doing although I doubt it, why would he needs to stones anyway? Next to go is Tony and then I turn to Steve "you going too?" He asks and I nod, putting my hands in my pockets, creating a portal "I'm going to visit an old friend. I need a vacation." He nods and I hug him "holla if you need anything." He chuckles, holding me close "enjoy your vacation and stay out of trouble." I gasp, a smirk balancing on my face "me? Always?" He laughs and I step through the portal.

The humidity change is stifling and almost instantly I wish I hadn't worn my leather jacket. The sun is blazing and I have to squint, there is a cottage up on the hill. As I climb up to the front door I wonder why they picked Australia out of everywhere, I forgot how hot it was here. I knock on the door and Thena opens it "I was wondering when you would come and see us again." She muses and I smile, pushing my hair from my face "it's lovely to see you too Thena, are you going to let me in?" She lets the door swing open and I step inside.