Ch. 2 | Hypnotic

- You blinked open your eyes. The first thing you were met with was a reflection of your own face, which spooked the life out of you. You sat up in a flash and glared at Matt. "You're scared of your reflection?" He asked, eyes wide. You stood up and yawned, dodging his question. "Y/N!" Tord called. You walked out into the kitchen with Matt curiously trailing behind you.

Tord, Edd, and an unfamiliar guy, who you assumed was Tom, were sitting at the table. His head was laying on the table. He's hungover. He had messy hair that stood on end and a gray shirt, but that's all you could make of him before Tord pounced on you. He started rubbing his cheek against yours. I wouldn't be surprised if he started purring, you thought, squirming.

"How was your first night?" He asked, releasing you. "It was alright.. I couldn't sleep at first but it was alright," you answered, shrugging. Your eyes darted over to Edd, who was scarfing down cereal. He blinked up at you. "Good morning, Y/N." You smiled at him. "Morning, got any more cereal?" He silently pointed at the cupboard, shoving another spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

You stared up at the cupboard and stuck your lower lip out. "Can't reach," you muttered, half to yourself. You didn't think anyone heard you, but Tord instantly reached up and opened the cupboard, grabbing a box of cereal and setting it down on the table. "Oh, thanks," you searched the kitchen until you found the bowls and spoons. Edd was watching you curiously.

You set your stuff down on the table and slid into an empty seat. At this point, Tom was starting to wake up. Everyone looked at him. He rose his head slowly. You gasped. He had black eyes. He gasped. There was a stranger sitting across from him. "Who are you?!" He asked, jolting up. Tord narrowed his eyes at him. "Y/N; That ring any bells?" He asked, standing behind you.

Tom stared blankly at Tord, then at you. His face was twisted. He was thinking. His face relaxed abruptly and his eyebrows furrowed. "Oh, you." You flinched at his reaction. Why did he look.. mad? Edd and Matt exchanged a short, worried glance. Tord gripped your shoulders. Matt puffed air into his cheeks. "Tom.." Edd began, reaching out to place his hand on his own shoulder.

"I can't deal with another one," Tom hissed, getting up rather aggressively. You flinched for the second time. Tord's grip on your shoulders tightened. "Thomas, this isn't gonna be a problem is it?" He asked. His voice was low. You recognized that tone. "It isn't a big deal," you reassured urgently, sliding your hands over his. Tom was glaring at him, fists clenched.

"It's 8:30," Edd reminded them, flashing his phone. "Too early for fighting." Matt was leaning back in his chair watching his reflection. He was completely oblivious to the drama in front of him. Tom stormed upstairs and Tord collapsed into the seat beside you. "Is he usually like that?" You asked, looking around the table. "He doesn't usually like that to us," Edd responded.

"What does that mean?" You asked. Edd sighed and smiled apologetically. "He and Tord have.. issues, but he's mostly chill around us. He's still irritable, but not as much" he responded. You looked sideways, thinking, before standing up. "I'll go talk to him," you decided. Tord was on his feet in an instant. "No! You can't.. What if he does something to you? I wouldn't be surprised."

"I'll be fine. I should probably explain that I'm nothing like you," you snorted, narrowing your eyes at him. He sunk into his chair. Edd nodded. "You probably should, he doesn't like Tord much, anyways." You started making your way out of the kitchen, but you froze. "Where's his room?" You asked. Edd crossed his arms and set his elbows on the table. "First one on the left."

Alright, time to make a good impression. You walked out of the kitchen and looked up the stairs. Hopefully. Tord and Edd were having a heated conversation. You walked up to the second floor and looked at Tom's door hesitantly. What if it doesn't work? What if Tord was right? You sighed and knocked on the door. Silence. You creaked open the door slowly. "Uh.. I-I'm coming in."

Tom was sitting on his bed with his back faced to the door. He hasn't stopped me. So far, so good, you thought, walking over to him cautiously. "What do you want?" He muttered. This is so stereotypical. You sat down next to him and stuffed your hands into your pockets. "Um.. I wanted to apologize.. about Tord." He huffed and cupped his chin in his hand.

"He's just weird," you added, looking sideways. "I'm sorry if he made me seem bad." Tom perked up and looked at you dead in the eyes. He was intrigued now. "You're not.. you're not annoying like him?" He asked. His eyes were hypnotizing. "..Y/N?" He waved his hand in your face, snapping you out of your trance. "Oh- sorry, no.. I'm not," you replied, embarrassed.

"Are you sure?" He leaned forward. Causing you to lean backwards in turn. "U-uh.. yeah, I am." Tom exhaled in your face. The scent of smirnoff was on his breath. "Tord wouldn't have apologized," he admitted. "..Or stuttered." Your face glowed red. "Wh.. I.. I am offended." He snorted and collapsed onto his bed. "You can leave now, I'm going to sleep." You blinked.

"Um.. Alright, see you later?" You backed into the door and watched him intently. It took him a while. "I guess so," he responded, closing his eyes and rolling onto his side. "'Kay," you opened the door, still facing him, and slid outside. Once outside, you buried your face in your hands and shrieked happily. You befriended the black-eyed boy with an attitude. Mission accomplished. -