Ch. 12 | Stress & Hugs

- You climbed out of the shower and dried yourself off. "Relaxing.." you muttered to yourself, slightly dazed. All that hot steam must've been flowing up to your brain. "Y/N?" You sighed. Edd was up. Seeing him miserable made you miserable. In fact, miserable was an understatement. The cinnamon roll would practically drag himself around.

"Y/N??" Edd repeated. You snapped out of your thoughts and put yourself together. "Yeah?" You dropped the towel and put on your clothes. Thank god for closets. Tord put all your bras and panties in a box in the closet. Probably because he gets squeamish, you snorted, putting on a clean pair and sliding your clothes on.

"Are you coming with us?" He asked. You picked the towel up off the floor and swung open the door. "To get breakfast?" You froze when you saw him. There were dark circles under his eyes and his hair was tousled. He'd been awake all night. "Edd, are you okay?" You choked. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"I'm fine," he answered huskily. You narrowed your eyes at him. "You're not 'fine,' Edd. Did you get some sleep last night?" You interrogated. He lowered his eyes, "I'm worried." You opened your arms. "About what?" Edd flinched slightly. "About Tord," he admitted, inching closer. "He'll be fine." Why was he being shy about a hug? He loved hugs.

You snorted as he cautiously wrapped his arms around you. His chin rested on the top of your head. Were you really that short? No matter. You returned the hug and nuzzled your face into his shirt. He still carried the faint smell of cola. "It's alright." He twitched in your arms. Was he about to cry? You quickly looked up at him.

He was chewing his lower lip. "What's wrong?" You pulled away from him. "You guys are my friends. There's five of us." You tipped your head. "It's gonna feel so.. empty," he finished. You parted your lips. "Tord isn't going anywhere. And even if he did, there's still three more people here to make you feel better." 

Edd narrowed his eyes at you. "He's your brother. Wouldn't you be sad if he left?" He asked. You shrugged. "I would, but again, I would have three more people here to make me feel better." Edd ruffled his hair and yawned. "Take a nap, I'll bring you some breakfast." He froze and blinked down at you. "But I wanna go out."

"You gotta sleep, Edd. You can't just waltz around town without sleep," you pointed out sternly. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, silent. "I'll buy you a pack of coke." He scrambled away from you and up the stairs. You snorted. Edd was adorable. "What was that all about?" Tom's voice sounded behind you.

"He didn't get any sleep," you explained shortly, walking past him. "So, you hugged him?" He sounded disbelieving. You shrugged. "He needed one. He's scared and stressed." Tom trailed behind you curiously. "Are you jealous?" You asked jokingly, halting and turning around. "Do you want a hug, too?" He literally stopped breathing.

"Here," you hugged his waist. Why am I so short?! Or are these guys just tall.. It was like he wanted to keep his arms as far away from you as possible. "Tom, this is not a hug." He snorted. "I can't hug you back, you're too short." Am I that transparent? You squeezed him mercilessly. "You're killing me, woman!" 

You backed away from him and squeezed the air. "Hug." He was practically steaming. Tomato. That's a good nickname. He gingerly lifted you up by your waist. Ehehe.. Your eyes glowed and you wrapped your arms around his neck. "That's better." He pressed his face against the crook of your neck. It stayed that way for an entire minute. Not that you minded.

He abruptly dropped you and covered his face. He was literally glowing red now. "Tomato-head," you teased, hopping off to the living room. "Good morning, me!" You heard Matt greet himself, then race down the stairs. "Good morning," you echoed loudly, hopping onto the couch. Matt peeked into the living room.

"Are you gonna spend forever in the bathroom?" You asked, locking eyes with him. "Where are we going?" He asked cluelessly. "We talked about it yesterday, Matt. We're going out for breakfast today" You responded, rolling your eyes. "Alright, I won't be long then!" His head disappeared from the doorway.

- Time Skip -

"I'm done!" Matt announced, hopping into the room. You, Tom, and Tord glared at him. "What?" He asked, frowning. Tom pointed at his phone. "It's been thirty minutes, genius." You rolled your eyes and stood up. "Well, now that he's here, we can go." Tom and Tord started trampling over each other, trying to get to the front door first.

You and Matt just watched. "Okay, then.." Matt led you after them. "Can you guys behave for literally three seconds?" You scolded, narrowing your eyes at the boys. "Sure, but he's making it impossible," Tord hissed, shifting the blame off to Tom, who let out a breathless gasp. "I am doing no such thing!" He shot back.

"You guys are just proving my point," you snorted. Matt paused. "Y/N, you're going out in pajamas?" He asked. You blinked, then nodded. "You can't! You.. You-" Tom shoved him backward. "I think she looks great," he contradicted. You pursed your lips. "You think so?" He watched you for a couple of seconds before his lips curled in a very, very small smile.

"Yeah," he admitted, looking sideways. "Wow, than-" You began. Tord clapped his hand over your mouth. "Don't respond," he muttered, glaring daggers at Tom. He rolled his eyes. "Let's just go," he said, walking out of the house. Everyone walked after him. Matt locked the door this time. "So, where are we going?" You asked.

"Literally any cafe we see first," Tom snorted. Matt agreed, and surprisingly, so did Tord. You guys walked down the street until you reached some run-down diner. You, Tom, and Matt instantly ran inside, but Tord hesitated. He stared at the building hesitantly before walking after you. -