Ch. 33 | Face To Face

- The day was awfully lazy for you. Since Matt had insisted on keeping you hidden, you had to branch out in his room. You rolled over on the floor and groaned, listening to the sound of people yelling outside. "I'm so bored!" You complained to yourself, sitting up. Wait, I think I remember the code to that door. You perked up. I can go see Tom!

You stood up and brushed yourself off, preparing to leave, but a knock at the door froze you. "Mister Hargreaves?" You heard a female voice call. Faen! You looked around frantically, trying to find a place to hide. A jingle of keys sounded outside. Faen, faen, faen! You shot for his bed and squeezed underneath it.

The door swung open. You could only see the intruders' boots. She (you were guessing) looked around cautiously before entering the room and shutting the door behind her. Who is this? You peeked out from underneath the bed, but you still couldn't make out her face. She whipped her head around, scanning the room.

You yelped and immediately punched yourself in the gut for making a sound. She froze, then walked over to his desk and began to messily search the drawers. Should I do something about this girl?! You asked yourself frantically. She stopped and hit a little victory jig before starting to walk out of the room. Yeah, I'm gonna do something! It's now or never!

You leaped out from your hiding spot. The woman had left. It's apparently never!  You organized Matt's workspace, cursing that girl out for stealing papers without bothering to clean up after herself. You sighed and combed a finger through your hair. Where was I? You tapped your chin with your other hand. "Oh!" You said aloud, wandering over to the door.

You clicked it open and peered outside. When you cleared the hall, you quickly raced out of the office (and shut the door behind you <3). I think it was that door! You thought, eyeing the solid door at the end of the hall. The thought of getting caught pumped your legs faster until you reached the door with a not-so-graceful halt.

You prodded your mind, trying to remember the code. You simply let your fingers guide you, and the next thing you knew, you were cautiously walking down the eerie steps of the lower floor to meet Tom. When you turned the corner, you were met with none other than Tord Larsson. You instinctively whipped back around the corner, back against the wall.

The man you had seen- Paul- Was standing idly beside him. You peeked around the corner again. Tord was writing something into a notepad. You squinted, trying to make out the words, before giving up immediately. Suddenly, the door above you hissed open, causing you to absolutely freak. You tried to make a break for another hiding spot, but you were frozen with fear.

Shit! It's chicken wings! He stared at you, mouth agape, before calling for Tord and Paul. Tord didn't care to see what he was marveling at. Paul, however, came running at his frenzied call. You finally regained control over yourself. You slammed Paul in the gut with your fist before racing up the stairs. "Patryk!" He shouted behind you.

Patryk's immediate response was to push you right back down the stairs. You shrieked and grabbed onto him, sending you both rolling down. "Y/N?!" You heard Tom and Tord shout. You landed on Patryk's chest. He tossed you off him and pinned your arms behind your back. The strength of his grip was stuttering, and he was letting out pained little sounds.

"Are you okay, Patryk?!" Paul asked frantically, rushing up to his companion. "I hit my head," he answered softly. Tord, on the other hand, completely ignored his disheveled acquaintance and practically sprinted over to you. "Get off of her, you fool!" He ordered. Patryk scrambled off of you immediately and leaned against Paul, who was helping keep him up. 

"Y/N, how did you get here?" Tord asked, awestruck. "I flew," you answered through gritted teeth. Your gaze flitted over to Tom, who was surprisingly fast asleep. "How'd you get... Here?" He added. "I got the door open," you answered. You weren't wrong. To enter a room, you have to get the door open first. Patryk stumbled beside you two.

"I'm taking Pat' to the infirmary," Paul announced, carefully helping his partner up the stairs. The door slammed shut. You stood up and glared at Tord. "What're you doing to Tom?" You demanded. Tord's eyes flared with sudden fury. "Can't you show concern about anything else?" He snapped. "You just arrived and you're already asking about him!"

You folded your arms. "It's kind of hard not to ask questions when some lunatic is experimenting on your significant other!" You answered sharply. "I'm making him better," Tord said slowly. He had gotten surprisingly calm. You met his gaze. His eyes were twitching and his pupils were dilated. Never mind. You could tell he was trying to mask his anger.

"Better how?" You demanded. "There's a demon inside Tom," Tord revealed. Yeah, we seemed to have established that! You thought. "I'm trying to create a formula that will give me complete control over it. And I'm just using it to defeat our rivals," he finished. "That's not the point! You're-" Tord silenced you with a cold glare.

"I'm keeping you safe!" He insisted, placing a hand on your shoulder. You shoved him away from you, teeth gritted. He tumbled to the ground. "Oh, yeah? Just like you were when you blew up our fucking house?! When you sent your men to kidnap us?!" You questioned furiously, standing over him. "Okay, maybe I was a little extreme in the past-" 

"A little?!" You interrupted, balling your fists. "You almost had me killed! Why should I believe you now when you claim you're trying to keep me safe?!" Tord went silent, his eyes wide as he stared at you in utter shock. After recovering, he cleared his throat. "The longer his demon remains in his body, the more control it has over him," he explained.

"It could hurt you, so me having control over it would be way safer." You stared at him, not knowing how to respond. Damn it! He had won another argument. "Now, it's looking as if you're going to be another obstacle for me," Tord said clearly, rising to his feet. He suddenly stuck a syringe into your neck. You yelped loudly.

"So, I'm gonna have to get you out of the way. No hard feelings." Your vision began to blur, and your knees buckled, causing you to collapse onto your side. T-Tom... The world spun, darkening around you as you lost consciousness.  -