Ch. 8 | Safety In Numbers

Awesome banner :)

- Edd apologized over and over as you walked home. Tom's hand was gently linked with yours, as if he was afraid something would happen to you if he let go. Matt was stroking his chin in thought. Tord needed somebody to blame, and you were gonna make sure that it wasn't Edd. The guy felt purely responsible, even though he didn't have anything to do with it.

You reassured him over and over, but he still insisted that it was his fault. Tom squeezed your hand. "Y/N? Are you sure you're okay?" He asked under his breath, leaning in your direction. "I'm fine," you assured, smiling. Not. I was literally assaulted. Once you arrived at the house, you instantly went and took a shower. Tord was knocking frantically on the bathroom door.

He heard. You wrapped up your shower and dried yourself off, then slid into some pajama shorts and a matching green top. You wrapped your towel around your shoulders and walked out of the bathroom. Tord was sitting on the floor, peeking through the crack. He instantly shot up when he saw you. "Y/N! Matt told me everything except who did it."

You walked past him, completely aware of his intentions. "I'm not talking, Tord. Not until tomorrow." You walked around the corner, then paused. "I need to clear my head," you added softly. Tom was sitting on the couch watching television, both his hands were combed into his spiky hair and his face was twisted in an unreadable expression. "Tom?"

He looked up when he heard his name. "Y/N." You flicked off the lights and hung the towel on the coat rack. "Listen, if you're stressing about earlier.." You began. He stuffed his hands into his pockets. "It was my fault. Not Edd's, not.. yours, either." You placed your hand on his shoulder. "It wasn't your fault, Tom." He buried his face into his hands.

"It was, I never should've left you," he muttered guiltily. You sighed and wrapped your arms around his neck, trying to console him. He slowly wrapped his own around your waist, hiccuping. Was he crying? "Tom.. It's alright, really" you reassured, combing your fingers through his hair. "It's alright, I'm alright." Tom inhaled sharply and pulled away.

"Can I stay here?" He asked. "..With you?" Your heart soared. He wanted to spend the night. "U-um.. sure," you responded shyly, reaching out for your blanket. Tom helped you wrap it around yourself. "Oh, c'mon." You tossed the free side of the blanket over his shoulder and leaned your head onto him. I'm fine. We're fine. It's alright.

Tom slid his arm around your shoulder and knocked the side of his head onto the top of yours, sighing in the process. You set up the TV to automatically turn off at one in the morning, then dropped the remote next to you and snuggled into Tom. This felt wrong. Tord, your big brother, despised him. Yet here you were, cuddling with him.

- Time Skip - 

You woke up to the sound of light snoring above you. You were laying on your back, and Tom was on top of you, arms wrapped around your waist. Yours were around his neck. Wha.. how did we-? You glanced sideways nervously. Will he wake up if I move? You carefully sat up and brushed his hair. He buried his face into your chest, mumbling.

"Tom?" You whispered. His eyebrows furrowed and he rolled onto his back. "Good morning," he greeted huskily. "Morning," you responded. Should I kiss his forehead? Would that be too much? Probably.. He stared up at you for a while, his expression was thoughtful. "What're you thinking about?" You asked, cocking your head sideways.

"Us," he responded bluntly. "Us?" You echoed. "Our relationship. This. Us," Tom clarified. You stretched and let out a large yawn. "Maybe we can get into that when we're fed," you muttered. "Yeah, I'm starving." Tom rolled off of you and stood up, brushing himself off casually and walking into the kitchen. You yawned again.

"..I'll be here, I guess." You clicked on the TV and started flipping through the channels. Tom's scent was rubbed onto you, which was distracting the crap out of you. You just wanted to calmly flip through the channels without any distractions. Unfortunately, your mind had other plans. I've known him a couple of days. Jesus Christ. You peered into the kitchen curiously. Tom was shuffling around.

We're taking things too fast, you thought, laying down again. You cocooned yourself in your blanket and yawned. "How do you feel about eggs and toast?" Tom called. You rose your thumb in the air. "Flott," you muttered. "Huh?" He peeked out of the kitchen. "Great," you clarified switching the channel to some totally dramatic reality TV show.

You laid there for a while, your arms hanging off the couch. A mouth-watering scent filled your nostrils. "Do I smell bacon?" You asked excitedly, shooting up. "Yes, you do" Tom responded. "Can I have extras?" You asked. You could smell Tom's eye roll. "Everyone here wants extras, so no." You stomped your foot onto the floor.

He looked around the corner, confused. You clapped your hands together and held them under your chin, pouting and widening your eyes. "Pleease? I'm sure one couldn't hurt," you pleaded. Tom narrowed his eyes at you, chewing on his lower lip. "Fine," he conceded, disappearing behind the wall. You laid back down and smiled to yourself. Your famous look scored yet again. 

Tom walked into the living room 30 minutes later holding a fork and two plates with buttered toast, eggs, and bacon. "If it's bad, don't even tell me." Tom sat down below the couch and started chowing down. You gingerly picked up an egg and bit the corner off. It's.. This.. This is art. You shoved the entire egg into your mouth and chewed noisily. 

"It's good, huh?" Tom teased, looking up at you. "It is, actually" you responded, flicking his forehead before licking the fork clean. You polished off your whole plate, leaving the bacon for last. "Want some bacon? I'm about to eat mine." Tom shook his head. "I have my own, and what's the point of extra food if you're giving it away?"

You poked your tongue out of your mouth, making a soft bleh sound. "I'm trying to be a good samaritan," you said, shoving all the bacon into your mouth. You chewed for a couple of minutes before swallowing and standing up off the couch. Tom was still eating. "Want something to drink? Orange juice?" You asked, walking over to the kitchen.

"I'm good," Tom responded. You shrugged and entered the kitchen, immediately walking over to the sink and washing your plate. The other boys ran in. "Bacon!" Edd and Tord cheered in unison, cannonballing into their seats and digging into their food. Matt was more civil. He smiled and greeted you. "You alright, Y/N?"

"I'm fine," you responded, glancing at Edd and Tord for a second before looking back at him. He was putting others' emotions over his own. For once. Thank the heavens. "So what're we gonna do today?" You asked. Matt shrugged and sat down. "Probably stay home," he responded. You blinked. "And binge-watch TV shows?" You asked hopefully.

"Mostly what we do when we're home," he snorted. "Wanna binge watch The Children with us?" You asked. Matt perked up slightly. "Us?" He echoed. You jabbed your thumb backwards at the door that connected the kitchen to the living room. Tom was watching the TV intently, sitting below the couch. Matt smiled at you.

"You and Tom?" He teased. You rolled your eyes at him. "Eat your breakfast, doofus" you snorted, walking back into the living room. "Wanna binge?" You asked, sitting on the couch. Tom shrugged. "Sure, I'll make popcorn." You layed down and pressed your chin against the top of his head. He stiffened. "..Or I could stay for a while." -