Ch. 9 | Mall Shoppin,' ETC.

- You were hanging off the couch on your back, head pressed against the floor while you watched TV. Tom was sitting right next to you up on the seat, pressed against the armrest. Edd and Matt were sitting on the floor on the opposite sides of your head. Tord sat beside you up on the couch, glaring daggers at Tom.

He dragged you up next to him. "Listen, I don't think you should trust Tom" he muttered.  You glanced at the blue-hooded pineapple next to you. He was staring at you. "I think he's alright," you contradicted, looking back at Tord. He flinched as if you had physically hurt him before rolling his eyes and glaring over at the TV. 

You went back into your original position. Edd reached out and nudged Tord's shoulder. "Let's go for a walk," he suggested. You and Matt shuffled sideways. Knowing Tord, he would probably blow up on him. Matt wrapped his arms around yours. Dude was scared for his friend's life. Tord just sighed in defeat and walked out.

Edd scampered after him, holding a thumb up behind him. The vibe was restored instantly. "This is kinda boring," Matt muttered. You and Tom agreed. Tom perked up. "Do you guys wanna go grab something to eat?" He asked. You narrowed your eyes, "who's payin'?" Matt jabbed his index finger at Tom. You pointed at him, too.

"Fine," Tom agreed, standing up off the couch and stretching. You sat up onto the couch and hopped off over the top. Matt stood up and walked past you into the doorway. "Would you guys mind if I just took a quick shower?" You asked. Tom shrugged, hands in his pockets. "Nope!" Matt called from somewhere upstairs.

"Alrighty!" You ran upstairs and went into Tord's room. You dug around in his closet until you found one of your favorite white tank tops, a F/C hoodie, and some jean shorts, then you ran back downstairs to the bathroom. 

- Time skip -

You walked outside of the bathroom after a couple of minutes, drying your hair. "Ready?" Tom asked. He was leaning against the "pool door" at the end of the hallway. "Yeah," you responded, tossing the towel into the bathroom and walking over to meet him. Just as you were about to take his extended hand, Matt tumbled down the stairs.

"Matt?" Tom asked, snapping his hand back and looking past you. You looked over your shoulder. Matt was just laying there in the doorway, his newly cracked mirror was sitting in front of him. "Matt?!" You raced to his side and started poking the crown of his head. He shot up, tears streaked his cheeks. His lips quivered as he fought off more tears.

"M-my mirror.." He stuttered emotionally. You picked the mirror up carefully and traced your finger across the large crack on the glass. "It's broken!" He snatched it from you and started cradling it. "My one true love is gone!" He wailed. Tom appeared above you, snorting. "You're right here," he said, leaning down and placing a finger on his chest.

"What good is that if I can't see myself?" He asked, wiping his cheeks and sniffling. You took a step back to let him stand up. "Uh, your beautiful face is exposed so now others can bask in your extreme handsomeness?" Tom responded abruptly. His statement ended with a question mark, though. Matt sniffed. "B-but I wanna see myself," he muttered.

"I'll buy you a new mirror," you suggested. Matt locked his eyes with yours. "Y/N? You would really..?" He trailed off. "I would. C'mon, we can buy one at the mall and drop it off here so we can go get some food," you grabbed his hand and led him out the front door. Tom trailed behind you two. He locked the door on his way out.

"How'd you fall, anyway?" Tom asked, speeding up to walk beside you and Matt. "Well.. It all started when I woke up this morning-" He began. Tom looked fearful. "Woah! I didn't ask you to explain your day," he interrupted promptly. Matt narrowed his eyes and pouted. "I was admiring myself as always and I skipped a step on the stairs."

You and Tom exchanged a look. "I shoulda known" Tom muttered, slowing down. Matt sped up and took the lead, still holding your hand. He led you and Tom all the way to the mall and started dragging you through the building, poking his head out of the top of the crowd and looking around. He was moving with ease while you held on for dear life.

"There!" He shrieked, halting. There was a giant full-body mirror on display at a weird furniture shop. You gawked awkwardly. "How are we supposed to carry that back?" You asked. Matt didn't seem to hear you. He was marveling at the mirror. Tom yanked your wrist. "Don't. This is a rare occasion," he warned.

"He's just staring at a mirror," you reminded him. Tom's grip on your wrist tightened, his eyes were burning with excitement. "Quietly, Y/N. He's staring at a mirror quietly." You locked eyes with him for a split second. He broke the eye contact to look at Matt. A smooth way to avoid your gaze. You followed his own to the tall ginger standing beside you.

He whipped around and looked at you pleadingly. "Y/N? Will you buy it for me?" He begged. You narrowed your eyes. He was using his famous tactic. You narrowed your eyes. "Fine," you sighed, giving in. Matt let out the loudest scream you'd ever heard before he squeezed the lights out of you. "...Can't.. b-breathe.

"Oops!" He released you and raced off to the furniture shop. You tangled your hand in his before he ran off so he could drag you with him. Tom did the same with your hand. Neither of you wanted to lose each other in the sea of people. Matt picked up the mirror when he reached the shop and carried it off to the counter.

You searched your wallet for some cash, knowing all too well that you didn't have any. But, hey! You had an inexplicably rich brother. He put $1,000 dollars in your wallet. Jesus, Tord. Do you want me to get mugged? You thought to yourself, shutting the wallet and walking over to the counter where the cashier was glaring at Matt.

When she saw you, she gasped. "Y-you're..", she began. You cocked an eyebrow. Matt looked confused. Tom anxiously raced up to you and linked his arm with yours. "Uh, she's with us." The cashier was speechless as she looked from you to Tom. "T-Tord.." She stuttered under her breath. How does this woman know Tord?

You shrugged it off. She probably dated him in the past. Hopefully. You pointed at the mirror. "Um.. How much is this?" You asked. The cashier waved her hand. "Don't even worry about the price! I-its on the house!" She insisted, backing away slightly. You narrowed your eyes. The simple act caused her to flinch heavily. 

"Oh, well, thanks!" You tried to calm her down with a smile, but she flinched again. Damn, insulting. Matt carried the mirror out of the store. You walked after him. Tom trailed close behind you. "Hey, what happened back there?" He asked. You shrugged. "She probably recognized me as Tord's sister. I don't know what the hell he's been doing." 

Tom stared at you. He was unconvinced. You stuffed your hands into your pockets and looked sideways. "He's Tord," Tom snorted and placed his hand on your shoulder. "He's been going around buying.. weird stuff." You snickered and shrugged him off. "You're good at this," you commented. Tom lifted his eyebrows. "At making me feel better." -