Ch. 44 | Six Feet Under

- "H-He what?!" You shouted. "I'm not even a zombie, so I don't know what your duct taping me for," Tom snorted, looking at Tord. "It's a precaution. The cure isn't entirely developed, anyways." You glared at Tom. "How could you let yourself get bitten?" You asked sternly. "I love it when you talk like that," he leaned forward and stared at you, grinning.

You fought down a blush and jabbed a finger against his forehead. "I'm being serious, Tom! What if the cure isn't developed correctly? You would be stuck as a zombie!" You spoke subconsciously. You hadn't thought of that. "What if..." The situation sunk in. Tom was going to become a zombie. A very overpowered, british zombie.

He went silent. "I'm sorry. I guess I had my hands full," he answered, looking at the floor. "Where'd you get bit?" You asked, looking him up and down. "Neck," he tipped his head sideways to expose a bruised, foaming bite mark. Twilight? You brushed your forehead and sighed. "What are you going to do?" You asked, looking at Tord.

"I don't know," he admitted. "The only thing I can do is keep him secured. When he starts getting more aggressive, we can get better security." You blinked. "Where are you keeping him?" He rubbed the back of his neck. "I was gonna put him back in the testing room." Tom perked up. "Come on! Not there!" He snapped.

You slapped your hand over his mouth without looking away from Tord. You could smell Tom's eye roll. "Careful," Tord snatched your hand away from him. "Jeez, commie. I'm not gonna bite anyone," Tom muttered. You turned your head and looked at him. He was staring back with a suggestive look. Are all zombies horny? You scoffed mentally.

Tord snorted and looked at you dead in the eyes. "I have a way to speed up the process," he said bluntly. "What process?" You turned on him immediately. "The development of the cure." You cocked your head sideways. "I have a chemical compound back at the house. I didn't know what to do with it," Tord explained, scratching his temple. 

"You seem to be forgetting an important detail," you muttered, stuffing your hands in your pockets and rocking back and forth on your feet. "You blew up the house." Tord scoffed. "I did, but I had another lab underground. I knew I would destroy that house eventually, so I built another lab for my more important discoveries," he snorted.

"What?!" You and Tom exclaimed simultaneously. "You're telling me..." Tom paused, trying to process what he just heard. "...That you knew you were going to blow up our house?!" He finished, growling. "Yes, that's what I said," Tord answered nonchalantly, making direct eye contact with him. He looked back at you.

"The house has been rebuilt, and there's some married couple living in it. Luckily for you, they built it with the same blueprint, so all you have to do is infiltrate it and find a way to get into the lab." You stared wide-eyed at him. "To get into the-... Infiltrate-..." Your eyes narrowed. "You want me to break into a house and find a way to get underground."

He nodded. "Tord, you're asking me to break into a house and find a way underground," you repeated. "Yes." You scoffed. "How do you expect me to get underground?" He reached a hand out and Paul, who was beside him the whole time, dropped a random grenade in it. "You want me to bomb their house?!" You freaked.

"Bomb their basement," Tord corrected, rolling his eyes. "You want me to break into and then bomb a house," you stared at him, needing confirmation. "Yes, you would do anything for Tom, wouldn't you?" He tipped his head. "Don't drag me into this," Tom complained, sounding embarrassed. You cocked an eyebrow at Tord. "Sure...?"