Ch. 18 | A Confession For Days

- Three months passed. You and the boys had gotten pretty close, and you and Tom had gotten even closer. Every time he saw you, he would visibly get happier, and it honestly flattered you. Edd and Matt noticed, too, because every time they saw you two together, they would start making kissy faces behind you. Tom didn't know, but you sure did.

"Hey, Y/N?" Tom asked, standing in the doorway of Tords'... Your... Bedroom. "Yeah?" You sat up and rubbed your eyes. Tom was practically your human alarm clock, as he woke you up in the morning every day. "I thought we should go for a walk or something," he muttered, staring at his feet. He was clearly embarrassed.

"Uh..." You glanced over at your phone, which was charging on your nightstand. You tapped the screen. 10:28 in the morning. You turned back and looked at Tom. "Sure," you replied, sliding out of bed and stretching. "Really? Cool, uh, alright! I'll meet you downstairs in five?" He said, looking back up. "Sure," you repeated.

Tom stuffed his hands in his pockets and disappeared from the doorway. Since Tord was gone, you decided to wear one of his many identical hoodies. Seriously, when you opened his closet door, you were greeted with, like, fifty of the same red hoodies. You also grabbed some gray sweatpants and a plain white shirt, then made your way to the bathroom.

You did your routines quite fast and put on your clothes even faster. You walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs to meet Tom, who was standing beside the front door and twisting his flask in his hands. "Hey," you greeted, looking down at him as you walked down the stairs. Tom looked up at you. His eyes widened slightly, but relaxed again.

"You look like Tord," he commented. "I do?" You looked down at yourself. Come to think of it, you really did look like Tord. But it was completely unintentional. "I honestly didn't notice," you said, surprised. "Meh, I don't care. You ready to go?" He asked, stuffing the flask into his pocket and blinking down at you.

"Yep!" You slid the hood over your head and waltzed on out of the house. Tom followed, and you could practically feel his eyes on the back of your head. Feeling rather uncomfortable, you looked back at him. "Is there something on me?" You asked. I hate it when people stare at me, you thought, sighing to yourself. "Nope, you're clear!" Tom reassured.

You and Tom walked around for a bit until you reached the park. It was there that you two decided to take a seat and just admire the scenery. You sat in silence for a couple of minutes, then Tom cleared his throat beside you. "So, Y/N..." He began awkwardly. You could see him fidgeting beside you as if he was anxious.

"What's up?" You asked, glancing at him. "Um, I just... I wanted to tell you that I, uh... I..." He trailed off and looked away from you. "Are you alright?" You asked, scooting closer to him. He covered his mouth and continued to look sideways in thought. "...Tom?" You looked up at him and cocked an eyebrow, confused.

"I like you, Y/N. Like, a lot."

You stared at him, eyes wide. "Y-you do?" You backed away from him. Thomas Ridgewell likes me?!  He nodded and took a giant gulp of what you assumed was Smirnoff from his flask. "I-I..." You paused and flicked his forehead. "...I like you, too." He literally froze. "You're kidding," he said, whipping around to stare at you.

"Nope! Liked you for a while now," you confirmed. Tom stared at you. He opened his mouth to formulate a response, but closed it instantly and backed away, making tiny flustered sounds as he tried to think of something to say. "So, now what?" You asked, ignoring his reaction for the sake of your dignity. Han er sa sot- Jesus Christ!

"Um, I guess... This makes me your..." He buried his face in his hands, embarrassed out of his mind. "Boyfriend?" You finished for him. "B-Boyfriend..." he echoed into his hands. You brushed against his side, trying to comfort him, but it seemed to make him even worse because he buried his face deeper into his hands. 

"Um... Tom?" You peeled away from him and brushed his hair with your fingers. "Um... I'm fine, sorry!" He regained his composure and sat up. You blinked up at him. "Are you sure?" He nodded and looked around. You followed his gaze. "What are you looking-" You began. He leaned into you and mashed his lips against yours. Your eyes widened.

Jesus take the wheel! Jesus take the wheel! Jesus take the wheel! Jesus take the wheel! Jesus take the wheel!  You literally cursed the gods when he pulled away. You just stared at each other for a couple of seconds. "Sorry!" He apologized, backing away. You wrapped your arms around his waist and nuzzled your forehead into his chest.

He stuttered with his actions, but still hugged you back. "What about Tord?" Tom asked above you, letting you go. "Who cares? I can date whoever I want," you responded, shrugging. "I guess," Tom agreed hesitantly. "Wanna go back home now?" You asked, tipping your head. "Sure, I gotta stop by the liquor store, though. You go on ahead," he said, standing up.

You stood up as well and stared at him for a bit. This guy is my boyfriend. I'm dating this guy. I'm in a relationship with this guy. He blinked and shot you a smile that melted you inside. "O-okay, see you at the house, I guess!" You said, taking a step back. "See you," Tom replied, walking away from you. You watched him walk away before turning and going in the opposite direction. -