Ch. 6 | A Crap Ton

- The next thing you knew, you and Tom were sitting shamefully in the backseat of Edd's car. He was giving you two a lecture for getting drunk. You tried to apologize, but you ended up hiccuping and stuttering so much that you just shut your mouth and listened. Tom was passed out next to you, unbothered. He'd probably heard this lecture a million times before, anyways.

"..And Tom- What were you thinking, taking her with you?" Edd asked, glaring at him through the rearview mirror. Tom replied with the loudest snore you'd ever heard. "Tom?!" The car abruptly skidded to a halt, tossing you forward. Your head collided with the back of Edd's seat. "..Damn it, now I have to start all over again.", you heard Edd mutter, slowly continuing the drive home.

You sluggishly pulled yourself up and pressed your head against the window, watching the streetlights blur together. Tom snored again. Edd sighed. "Y/N, you awake?" He asked. You groaned in response. Tom's head bumped against your side, which startled the crap out of you. "You should get some sleep," Edd advised gently. "Gladly," you choked out, shutting your eyes.

- Time Skip - 

You opened your eyes to find yourself laying on the couch. The room was dark and the TV was on, flooding the room with dim multi-colored light. Tom and the other boys were all sitting on the floor in front of you, eyes glazed. Edd's head was leaning back into the couch. He looked exhausted. He probably wasted all his energy on scolding Tom you guessed, sighing quietly.

Not quietly enough. Tord's head whipped around. His dull eyes instantly brightened. "Y/N! You're awake- are you okay?" He asked, turning his whole body around. "..I'm fine, Tord.". Tom grunted and pulled his hoodie over his knees, copying Matt, who was watching you. Edd lowered his head and glared over at Tom. "Tom has something he wants to say to you, Y/N" Edd said.

"I'm sorry for taking you to the bar," Tom said on cue. He sounded like he was reading off a script. You snorted at his tone. "You're alright. I had a good time, anyway." Matt groaned. "Oh, come on." He pulled a five-dollar bill out of his pocket and handed it to Tord, who snatched it with a cocky grin on his face. Tom clenched his teeth together and slumped downwards a bit. 

"So, Y/N. I was wondering if you wanted to go out tomorrow," Edd's smile burned into your mind. You're kidding. He musted noticed your expression because he held up his hands in embarrassment. "N-no.. I mean, like- all of us." Tord rolled his eyes. "Um, depends," you replied. Tom blinked. Matt's eyebrow lifted curiously. "Depends?" Tord echoed, tipping his head.

You sprawled out on your belly and pressed your finger against the side of your head. "Where are we going?" You asked. Edd shrugged. "Wherever you want," he responded. "Wherever I want?" You repeated, eyes widening. "Wherever you want," Edd echoed, raising his eyebrows. "We can go to the arcade, the beach, the-" Matt listed. "Arcade!" You shouted instantly, interrupting.

Tom perked up slightly, but he instantly dropped back down. Tord and Matt high-fived. "Do you guys want to stay the night?" You asked, laying back down on your side. "Sure," Tom responded instantaneously. Everyone looked at him. He was biting his lip and glaring intently at the TV. "Sure," he repeated slowly. "Why not?" Tord climbed up next to you and pushed your legs away to make room for himself.

You sat up and scooted sideways. Tom snatched the seat next to you. Edd and Matt sat next to Tord. You were amazed at the size of this couch. "So, what're we watching?" Your eyes met the TV screen. "We could watch Return Of The Insane Zombie Pirates From Hell 5?" Tord offered. "There's a new one?" You instantly started flipping through the television channels.