Ch. 34 | Just Great

- You opened your eyes, regaining your consciousness. You were in some sort of... "This is a dungeon!" You exclaimed, scoffing. Why did Tord have an entire dungeon underneath his base?  Talk about extra. You tried to stand up, but you were bound to the ground by chains. "Come on!" You groaned, shaking at the chains with frustration.

"Hello?" The cell across from yours was empty, along with all the other ones beside it. You were beginning to think that you were alone. "You're awake!" A relieved voice lifted from the cell beside you. The wall separating the cells blocked your vision, but you still knew that voice.  "Edd!" You smiled. Maybe this wasn't gonna be so bad.

"Are you hurt?" He asked urgently. "No, I'm fine," you answered. "I'm glad you're here, Y/N! I could use some company," Edd said cheerfully. You lifted an eyebrow. He suddenly stumbled into silence. "N-No, wait! That came out wrong... I mean, I'm glad they put us here together!" He stammered, trying to save the situation. You snickered.

"How have they been treating you down here?" You asked, suddenly curious. "Well, they bring me breakfast and dinner... But they give me diet coke! I think they're just doing that to mess with me!" Edd complained. "I've told them over and over again: 'I want regular coke!'. But they must be hard of hearing or something." You snorted.

"Look on the bright side! At least they're giving you coke," you said. You could smell Edd's eye roll. "If you say so," he mumbled. "By the way, Edd... Are your hands stuck to the ground?" You asked him. "What? Of course not! Tord wouldn't be that cruel," Edd answered. You huffed loudly, and Edd instantly stopped. "O-Oh, your hands are stuck aren't they?"

"No, Edd. They're melted togeth-" You were interrupted by heavy footsteps approaching you both. You shut up and waited for your visitor to make their appearance. A ginger stopped in front of the gap between your cell and Edd's. "Matt!" You and Edd simultaneously breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you here to get us out?" You asked hopefully.

"Of course not! Tord is already suspicious of me," Matt sighed, rubbing his temples. "He's got Patryk following me most of the time," he added quietly, turning his head. "Where is he now?" Edd asked, looking around. You blinked at Matt. "Probably reporting," he answered. "Why'd you come?" You shifted on the floor, trying to get comfortable.

"To give you an update on Tom," Matt looked around again. "Tord's started trying to extract. If it goes well, Tom'll be out in no time." Yeah, right. You bit your lip and nodded. "What about me and Edd?" You asked. "Edd is, I'm pretty sure, gonna get trained to fight alongside us," Matt explained. "As for you..." He stared at you thoughtfully.

"I actually don't know." You sighed. "Just great. Can you at least work a way to get my hands off the floor?" Matt shrugged. "I'll see what I can do," he started walking away. "I meant now, dimwit!" You called. "I can't do anything now," Matt paused and looked over his shoulder. "Just stay put, yeah? I'll be back soon as I can." Just like that, he disappeared.

You sighed and laid down on your belly, you were just looking forward to a nice long nap. "Y/N, you still there?" Edd asked. "Yeah, just tryin' to fall asleep," you answered. "Didn't you just wake up?" Edd snorted. "Yeah, but I'm tired again!" You said, sticking your tongue out and lying back down. "Alright, g'night," he said. "Night." - 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I was being timed this time around.