Ch. 10 | Restaurant Chaos

- You and Tom waited outside while Matt brought the mirror up to his room. The whole time, Tom was cracking terrible jokes and taking sips out of his flask. When Matt finally walked out to meet you two, you were fast asleep on the front lawn, and Edd and Tord had returned, joining you in the wait. Tom could barely keep his eyes open. "What took you so long?" He complained.

You opened your eyes at the sound of voices. "I saw my reflection and I couldn't look away," Matt explained bluntly. You sat up and yawned. The boys looked at you. "Still wanna go?" Tom asked. You shrugged, but your stomach had other plans for you. As if on cue, it started rumbling loudly. "Sounds like you do," Edd teased.

You rolled your eyes and stood up. "Let's go before it gets dark," Tom said, brushing himself off. Tord led the patrol through the streets of London. Tom didn't try to hold your hand again. Probably because of your slightly homicidal brother. Matt, however, had no problem linking his arm with yours. Could you spell confidence?

Tord finally picked a restaurant and marched in proudly. "Table for five?" He shouted, looking around for someone to take you guys to your table. An employee peeked over the corner and glared at Tord. When she realized who he was, her eyes widened. (Guess who ¬‿¬) "I can take you guys," she offered, waving her hand backward.

"C'mon, follow me." She turned on her heels and walked through the aisles until she found a big table to seat you guys at. "You can sit here," she said. Tom slid into a seat and pulled you with him. Matt and Edd sat across from you. Tord sat at the end of the table. "So, you guys can look through the menu." Tord was shooting her flirty looks.

Her eyes narrowed, but she was grinning. "I'll be right back," she said, walking off. Edd picked up his menu. Matt peeked over his shoulder and read off it. Tom picked up his own menu and flashed it at you. "They have F/F!" You shrieked. Tom flinched beside you. "Why are you yelling?" He shouted back. Matt looked up at him, smiling.

"Are we screaming now?" He screeched. Tord placed the menu over the top of his head and sunk down into his seat. Edd pulled his hood over his head and tugged on the drawstrings until his face disappeared. Your party was receiving dirty looks from all angles. "I'll get some F/F," you muttered, looking sideways at a man who was glaring at you.

Tom looked through the menu silently before setting it down. Edd and Matt were indecisively flipping through the menu. The woman came back. "Have you decided?" She asked, hugging her clipboard to her chest. Her brown ponytail flopped. It was seemingly sensitive to movement. You nodded and crossed your arms over the table.

"I'll have F/F," you said. Tord sat up and grinned at the waiter. "Get me the same, sweet-cheeks." The woman rolled her eyes and snorted. "It's Tushiki, not 'sweetcheeks.'" Edd fished through his pockets and pulled out a pair of sunglasses. He slid them on. "Get me your finest chicken tenders, my good sir." She snorted for the second time.

"Alright," she scribbled on her clipboard and pointed her pencil at Matt. "And for you?" She asked. He looked sideways for a split second before looking back. "Uh, I'll have.." He snatched the menu and looked through it quickly. "..The- french onion soup." You grinned. He probably ordered it because it sounded fancy. That was Matt for you.

Tom shrugged. "I'll have lasagna, I guess." Tushi started scribbling on her clipboard. She looked up abruptly. "And for drinks?" She asked. Matt slammed his hands on the table. "Milk!" Edd adjusted his glasses. "Three gallons of Cola, please." Tom shrugged. "Smirnoff, any flavor." You and Tord looked at each other, eyes narrowed.

"F/D!" You screamed at the same time. "Will you stop doing that?" You asked in unison with Tord. You sunk into your seat. "Alright," she scribbled on the clipboard one more time. "So, F/F for F/C hoodie, F/F for red hoodie, chicken tenders for green hoodie, soup for purple hoodie, and lasagna for blue hoodie."

She looked up as if she expected confirmation. Everyone nodded. "Milk for purple hoodie, cola for green hoodie, Smirnoff for blue hoodie, and F/F for red and F/C." Everyone nodded again. "Alright, I'll be back with your food." She strode into the kitchen, leaving the table in awkward silence. You looked around.

"So um, how's your day going, guys?" You muttered. "I killed a snail, so pretty good," Tord responded. His eyes were glued to the kitchen. "Fine, I guess." Tom stuffed his hands in his pockets. Matt shrugged. Edd smiled. "Mines been going fine, I drew some stuff earlier." You struck up a conversation about Edd's artistic ability. The boys joined quickly.

Before you knew it, steaming food was being placed in front of you. Your mouth watered at the smell. You started digging in immediately. The waiter woman was sticking around no thanks to Tord's horrible flirting. Some family nearby was grumbling. Edd was chugging his cola and Tom was nervously picking at his food.

Some guy walked up to Tushi and started tapping his foot against the ground impatiently. "Um, excuse me.. Can you serve us, please?" He muttered. "I thought someone else was serving you," she responded, blinking. "Well, they're taking a while.. So can you?" He asked. She shrugged and looked at Tord. "See ya, then."

Just as she was about to walk off, Tord grabbed her wrist and glared at the guy. "Why don't you wait like the rest of us?" His accent was thick with annoyance. You winced. "I need my food now," the guy hissed. Tord narrowed his eyes. "Sorry, venn. But you're gonna have to wait," he grumbled. He emphasized venn as if he was teaching the guy a new word.

"Oh please, your language isn't gonna prove your point." Tord stood up aggressively. "What do you mean by that?" He challenged. You subconsciously slid your hand into Tom's under the table. Edd stood up as well. "Tord, calm down." Matt was busy admiring his reflection through the spoon. 

Tord was twitching. He twitched when he was trying to prevent himself from doing something. Oh no. You stood up to intervene, but Tord started beating the guy up before you could do anything. "Tord, stop!" You tackled him to the ground before he could do any harm to others. Your over-excited big bro. 

Tord was doing this weird hissing thing and squirming angrily. The bloodied guy was being dragged away by his screaming family, and Tushi was frozen in shock. "I'm too old for this," Edd muttered, grabbing Tord's legs. "That.. that tispe!" Tord snapped, baring his teeth. Tom wandered off to the family, probably to ask them not to press charges. Wait, it's probably the complete opposite, you snorted.

Edd started dragging Tord out of the restaurant. "Matt, help him out. I'm gonna go find Tom." Matt scoffed dramatically. "I'll break my nails, Y/N- I can't." You narrowed your eyes at him. "Matt." He instantly scrambled over to Tord and lifted his legs off the ground. You whirled around and scanned the crowd for a pineapple head.

There. You raced over to Tom. Blue hoodie, it has been confirmed. "Tom, c'mon!" He was standing with his hands planted on the table, watching the guy with his eyes narrowed. He had stopped talking by the time you got there, but he looked pissed. The guy's family was desperately wiping blood off him with the napkins.

One of them was frantically shouting into the phone. Uh oh. You linked your arm with his and ran out of the store without a second thought. "Y/N?" He blinked vigorously and stared at you. He looked oddly puzzled. "Tom, what did you say to them?" You asked. Edd, Matt, and Tord were in your line of sight. They had gotten far in such a small amount of time.

"..I don't know." -