Ch. 19 | Casual Night

- Ever since this confession, you found yourself spending more and more time in Tom's room. Whenever you gave Tom a kiss around the guys, he would get all flustered and go off to hide, which you didn't understand. "He doesn't like affection," Edd had explained. He doesn't mind when we're alone, though?  You had thought.

You sat in the middle of Tom's bed, legs crossed. All the boys were asleep. Tom was laying beside you writing song lyrics. "It looks pretty good so far!" You complimented, reading through it over his shoulder. "Thanks, I'm writing it for you, so I'm glad you like it." Your face heated up. "It's all sappy, though?" You said. "That's the point, sweetheart," Tom snorted.

You flopped backward onto your back. "I'm hungry," you said. "It's 11:37," Tom pointed out, glancing at his phone. "Fine, let's just get delivery," you muttered, sitting up. "Uhm, want Chinese?" Tom asked, setting his paper down. "Anythings fine, I just want to eat something," you responded. "Mkay," he tapped around on his phone, then put it in his pocket.

"Why can't we go anywhere?" You complained. "Because it's 11:38," Tom said. "So? We've been out later," you pointed out. He rolled his eyes. "Fine, c'mon," he stood up off the bed and stretched. You slid off after him. "Where are we going?" You asked, pulling his hoodie on over your head. He seemed completely unaffected by this.

"Just for a walk," he said. "You clearly need it." You crossed your arms. "I do not, I just wanna go somewhere!" You said. "Meh," he walked out of his room, turning off his LEDs in the process and tossing the remote onto his bed. You scampered after him. Tom led you down the stairs and out of the house. "Uh, wanna go get something to drink?"

"Tom," you said bluntly, staring at him. "Well, I don't know where to go!" He said. Being snappy was his love language, which is something you had to realize the hard way. "Fine, let's go get you some Smirnoff." Tom immediately brightened up. He wore a big, goofy smile. "Really?" He asked, beaming at you.

"Sure, what the hell?" You shrugged. Tom clambered down the front lawn, holding your hand, and raced down the darkened streets. You could see the liquor shop from miles away. It was very brightly lit. You could also see the silhouettes of the sketchy guys who hung out in front of the shop. Those guys gave you strange vibes.

When Tom reached the shop, he gave a guy a sharp look and gripped harder onto your hand. You would've expected Tom to be friends with these guys since they hung out at the liquor store. Meh, guess not. Tom walked inside the shop and instantly disappeared into the Smirnoff isle. The cashier looked completely out of it. He was a blonde with a green visor.

"Nice night," you said, trying to make conversation as you leaned on the counter. "I guess," he agreed, slamming his head on the table. "Just tell your friend to put the money on the counter," he said, peering up at you. "I actually think he's coming back," you responded, watching Tom make his way over to you with three bottles of Smirnoff.

"How much?" He asked, placing them on the counter. The cashier glared at him and scanned the bottles. "Thirty bucks," he said, dropping his head back on the counter. Tom slapped three ten-dollar bills in front of him, grabbed his Smirnoff, and marched out of the shop. You watched him leave before turning back to the cashier.

"Good night, sir!" You said politely, scrambling after Tom. He gave you a weak thumbs-up without looking up, which he instantly slammed onto the counter. "Tom, wait up!" You said. For a lazy guy, he walked incredibly fast. "Wanna go to the park?" He offered, halting unexpectedly. "Sure, isn't our food gonna get home soon, though?"

"We still have ten minutes," he said, glancing at his phone. "Alright, then." Tom crossed the road and led you over to the park. Tom instantly went for the swings and proceeded to hog both of them. "Come on, Tom!" You complained, trying to unsuccessfully shove him off. The pineapple boy just sat there with a smug grin on his face.

"Your gonna have to sit on me if you want to swing," he said sarcastically. "Fine!" You parked your butt onto Tom's lap. He made a weird sound that sounded like a breathless gasp before glaring in the opposite direction, clearly embarrassed. "What? You told me to," you pointed out. He rolled his eyes. "I wasn't being literal, idiot."

You snorted and dipped your head sideways into his shoulder. Tom popped open one of the bottles of Smirnoff and started drinking out of it. Tom's hoodie was so warm. You found yourself dozing off, snuggling closer to it. Before long, you had fallen asleep. 

- Time Skip - 

You woke up in a soft bed, warmer than you had been earlier. It was still dark out. You hummed and snuggled into the blankets. "Look who's up." Tom's voice. You sat up slowly and yawned. "Mmm... What happened?" Your eyes were instantly met with the boxes of rice sitting on the nightstand. You whipped around and looked at Tom, who was lying beside you. "Dig in." 

"Yay!" You leaned over, grabbed a box and a spoon, slid back into your original spot, and started digging into the rice. "You eat like a pig," Tom commented. You rolled your eyes at him. "I'm hungry," you replied, stuffing another spoonful of rice into your mouth. He leaned back into his pillow and folded his arms behind his head.

"I'm going to sleep," he said. You nodded and finished the rice quickly, then tossed the box away somewhere and cuddled up next to him. "G'night, Y/N." You muttered a reply and closed your eyes. Why was he always so warm? You honestly didn't care. You were just happy. -