Ch. 16 | Your Brother

- You woke up on the couch. "Wha- what happened?" You asked, your head pounded restlessly. Edd was leaning on the couch, glaring at you. "You and Tom got drunk. Again." You flinched. "I'm sorry, Edd." The brunette rubbed his temples. "I only forgive you because you bought me bacon," he sighed. "Where's Tom?" You asked. Edd scoffed.

"He just finished throwing up, and now he's sulking in his room." You lifted an eyebrow. "What about?" A sharp wave of pain in your skull sent violent shivers down your spine. "About Susan, I think it.. She.. Broke, I dunno." You sat up and held the side of your head. "Want some Advil?" Edd offered, pushing himself off the couch.

"Please," you responded instantly. Edd walked out of the living room. You stood up off the couch and walked into the kitchen slowly. You grabbed a glass from the cabinet and filled it with tap water. Matt walked in holding a mirror. He blinked down at you. "Oh, good morning, Y/N. You feeling better?" He asked. "I've had better days," you admitted.

"Still bummed 'bout Tord?" He questioned, grabbing a box of cereal from the cupboard and setting it down on the table along with a carton of milk. You sat down at the table and aggressively plopped your head on the surface. The clink of a bowl sounded nearby, causing you to look up. Matt had placed a bowl in front of you.

He placed one on the other side of the table. Edd walked into the kitchen holding a glass of water and a bottle of pills. "Here, Y/N," Edd said, placing the glass and the pill bottle next to you. "Thanks, Edd." Matt poured himself some cereal and started digging in right away. You popped a pill into your mouth and took a giant gulp of water. 

Matt pushed the cereal box over to you, and you also poured yourself some cereal. "Tom should be coming down soon," Edd said. His voice was edged with some sort of disappointment. As he spoke, you heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Matt and Edd both turned to look while you ate your breakfast, absentminded. 

Tom walked in, grunting with every step. "Hope you guys are having a splendid morning," he muttered sarcastically. You snorted and continued to eat your breakfast. Matt, as oblivious as ever, looked up, licked up the milk that was around his lips, and said: "Thanks, Tom! Hope you're also having a splendid morning."

Tom scoffed and collapsed at the table, holding his head. You pushed the pill bottle over to him with your spoon. He snatched it and popped three pills into his mouth. "Thanks," he said, slight gratefulness edging his tone. You nodded and continued eating. "So, I'm assuming you guys want to stay home today?" Edd guessed.

"Depends, where are we going?" You asked, lifting your eyebrows. "Well, we were planning on going to the beach, but-" He began. "No! I'm going!" You shouted instantly. Edd silently pursed his lips, surprised at your sudden response. "I guess I'll go.." Tom added, rubbing the back of his neck. Matt looked in the mirror.

"I need to work on my tan," he decided before looking up at you. "Do I still look handsome?" He asked urgently. "Um.." You studied him for a moment. "You look fine." Matt huffed, distressed. "I can't look fine! I need to look handsome!" He complained, setting his mirror down. You snorted and patted his hand softly. "It's okay, Matt."

Edd walked over to the fridge and searched through it until he found a plate. He pulled it out to reveal three, frost-covered pancakes. He walked over to the microwave and stuffed them inside. Tom took the box of cereal and poured some straight into his mouth. "Alright, I'm gonna go shower," you said, standing up. Matt nodded.

You walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, where you fixed up the couch and organized some of your floored items. Edd peeked into the room from the doorway. "Hey, since Tord is- um- gone.. I figured you could have his room. Since you guys are siblings and.." He trailed off awkwardly. "Oh, alright!" He smiled slightly and disappeared into the kitchen.

You walked up into Tord's room and got your bathing suit and over-shirt, then you walked down to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Going to the beach with the boys.. What would that be like? Focus, Y/N! Your brother just got taken by the freaking cops! You paused in the middle of the bathroom. Your brother just got taken by the cops. -