Ch. 17 | Beach Episode

- "..Best friends forever!"  Tom sighed with relief in front of you. Edd and Matt had finally mowed through their whole "road trip" playlist. Surprisingly, it was a long playlist. They had been singing for a good three hours, which was even more surprising. You leaned forward. "Did they write that last song?" You asked him. "Tord did," he responded with a huff."No kidding, 'Kick Tom in the face? '" You snickered, leaning back into your seat. 

Matt, who was sitting beside you, suddenly stuck his head out his window."Guys, look!" He called. You looked out your window. The concrete road had shifted into a soft, sandy path. The ocean was in view. It sparkled under the afternoon sunlight. "Wow!" You gasped, poking your head out the window as well. 

Tom tried to do the same, but his hair was (abruptly enough) instantly blown backward, which caused him to literally jump and shoot his head back inside. "You guys are horrible role models," he muttered, sinking into his seat. You whipped your phone out of your pocket and leaned sideways into the car. "Tom?" You asked.

He looked over at you, and you snapped a picture of him. "Wha... Y/N!" He snatched your phone. "Too late; Already emailed it to myself!" You said proudly. He sulkily handed you your phone. Edd pulled over and stuck his head out the window. "I think this is a good parking spot," he said, looking around. You and Matt looked outside. "It's as good as it can get."

You all piled out of the car and Edd popped open the trunk. You grabbed a blanket in one hand and your bag in the other, then waddled down the sandy hill onto the main grounds. "Let's find a-" Edd began, walking up beside you. "I found a spot!" Matt interrupted somewhere nearby. You and Edd both looked to where you had heard his voice.

Matt had settled underneath one of the beach umbrellas he had brought, sitting at the other end of the shore and searching through the picnic basket you had brought. "Hey, don't eat the watermelon!" You shrieked, sprinting over to him. Tom crouched under the umbrella and watched you jog up breathlessly. "You ran for three seconds," he snorted.

"Leave me alone." You herded Matt and Tom away from the umbrella and set the blanket down underneath. The boys started crowding beneath the umbrella. You huddled beside Tom and looked at the ocean. You had never seen such...  blue... water. "Whelp, I'm going swimmin'!" Edd announced, running off into the water with his swim trunks and shirt.

"Edd, wait!" You shouted after him. He paused mid-sprint and looked back at you. "Your shirt," you said, pointing at him. "Oh." He flung it off and tossed it at you, then ran back into the water. Matt followed him, squealing oh-so-very-childishly. You and Tom sat on the blanket, watching the two boys try to tackle each other.

"You goin' in?" Tom asked, not taking his eyes off his friends. "I might," you responded. Tom looked at you, smirking. "You should." Your face started glowing red. You punched his shoulder and crossed your arms. "You've been hanging around Tord too much," you said. 

"I found your weakness," Tom shrugged. "And I have not!" You and Tom continued to watch the boys. After a while, you stood up and stretched, then looked at the water. It was practically calling your name. "I think I'll go in," you decided, taking off your overshirt and shoving it into your bag. Tom just sat there with a stupid smile on his face.

(A/N: I usually wear bikinis to the beach, so I was gonna say that Y/N was wearing a bikini, but a lot of people don't like the exposure / general feel / general look of bikinis, so I decided to just make it a one-piece. You can always change it, but I'm just gonna make the default a one-piece just in case.)

"C'mon, Tom." He froze. "Me?" You narrowed your eyes. "Yes, you. Did ya think I was talking to God?" You added sarcastically. "Not really, no. But my hair gets all weird when it's wet." You took his hand and dragged him to his feet. "So what? We all have bad hair days, c'mon." Tom trailed after you miserably as you marched into the water.

"See? It's not ba-" You began. A handful of water was thrown into your face before you could finish. "Edd!" You snapped, looking at the brunette. "What?" He responded innocently. You threw water into his face in retaliation, which started a water fight. A stinging pain rose in your foot, causing you to wince. 

Tom must've noticed because he stopped attacking Matt and waddled over to you. "You okay, Y/N?" He asked, looking you up and down. "No, I'm dying!" You grabbed Tom for balance, then lifted your foot out of the water and inspected it. There was a small crab hanging on for dear life. "You appear to be in a crabby situation," Tom joked.

You and the crab both glared at him. "What?" He asked. You noticed that Tom's hair wasn't wet in the slightest, and he was pretty sensitive when it came to his hair. You slapped a handful of water onto his head. He collapsed, disappearing under the water instantly. "Y/N, we're eating!" You heard Edd call. "Tom is, uh, hiding underwater."

"Just c'mon, he does that when he doesn't want anyone to see his hair." You blinked and waddled out of the water. Tom was still in the water. Matt was drying himself off next to Edd, sneezing. Edd just watched while drinking out of a can of coke. For every sip, he would take a bite of watermelon. "Matt, are you okay?" You asked, sitting down on your towel next to the rest of the boys. 

"No, Edd splashed my face and I inhaled a crap ton of water!" He complained. "I wasn't waiting for you to breathe in," Edd protested sarcastically. "Hug it out," you snorted, grabbing a slice of watermelon and mowing through it aggressively. A soaking wet bundle of pineapple suddenly pressed against you. 

"Finally finished drowning?" You asked, looking over at Tom. The tips of his hair were hanging over his face, and his normally light brown hair was now chocolate-colored. Even with his hair hanging over his eyes, you could see his grumpy expression. He muttered his response. "I'm sorry," you apologized guiltily, brushing his hair off his face.

"Meh," he responded, grabbing a slice of watermelon and taking a huge bite. He avoided any form of contact with you, especially eye contact. "I'm sorry," you repeated, brushing against him. "Humph, whatever," he mumbled, looking at the towel below him. You could see his bright red face out of the corner of your eye. -