Ch. 46 | An Angel With A Gun

Last time, on Dragon Ball Z...

Tord grabbed Tom and pressed the pistol against his temple. "Tord," you stood up, causing him to promptly shoot your thigh. You cried out and collapsed again. The sun was setting peacefully. That shouldn't have been the case. Tom was about to die. You were possibly going to die. Salty tears started running down your face. This was the end. -

This time...

- "So, Thomas. What'll your last words be?" Tord asked, smiling sadistically. "I hate you," Tom snorted. Tord pressed the gun harder against his temple. "Good enough." Then there was a shot. Blood splattered the ground. Your eyes widened and tears started rolling down your face, but you didn't understand why. There he was. Tord Larsson. Blood rolling down his chest.

He let go of Tom, who collapsed onto his side. He looked equally as shocked as you. "What..." Tord pressed a hand over the wound, then looked at it. "Who..." He looked at you, wide-eyed, then he looked around wildly. "Yoo-hoo!" You heard a second voice. It sounded like it was coming from one of the watch towers in the yard. You turned your head. Everyone turned to look.

And there was your hero. Matt Hargreaves. Holding a sniper in his right hand and waving with his left. "I did it!" He cheered, throwing the sniper over his shoulder. Instantly, the soldiers surrounding you pulled out their weapons and started firing at him. Tord had collapsed behind you. "Tord!" You crawled over to him. "Tord?" You checked his pulse.

It was weak, but it was still there. His eyes were shut. "Tord," you said firmly. "What?" He answered without moving. "Why did you do that, idiot?" You snapped. Gunfire was surrounding you, but you didn't care. Tord was dying. He was a horrible brother, sure. He had tried to kill you and your friends on multiple occasions. Of course! But he was your brother. Your last surviving family member. Bleeding out.

"I-I don't know," he muttered, trying to sit up. You winced as more blood leaked out of the wound. He collapsed onto your shoulder, panting. "Y/N, I'm sorry. I really am. For everything. We could've been happy," he breathed. Took you long enough. "Why'd it take a gunshot to show you that?" You asked, stroking the back of his head. "I don't know. I'm an idiot. I'm sorry, N/N." His breathing deepened.

"I forgive you," you sighed. He wrapped his arms around you and sighed as well. "Well, goodbye," he pulled away and smiled at you. Not one of his sadistic smiles. Not one of his contained smiles. This was a genuine one. Tears ran down your face as you grabbed his head and yanked him into you. "Goodbye, Tord. I'll miss you trying to kill me." He snickered sarcastically. "Ha, ha.

His breathing deepened again until it faded off. You held him tighter and buried your face into his shoulder. "Goodbye." You set him down gently and stood up, backing away. "Goodbye," you repeated under your breath, limping over to Tom. He looked slightly upset as well, and he was sitting upright. "Never thought I'd say this..." He said as you approached him. "I think I'm gonna miss Tord."

You smiled sadly. "Let's get you out of here," you looked around until you found a gun from one of the soldiers Matt had killed. Wincing, you limped over and picked it up. "Alright," you limped back and aimed it at the chains. "Don't aim for me!" Tom shouted frantically. "I know, Jehova." He physically jumped at the relatively new nickname, but then he relaxed, smiling sadly at you as well.

You shot the chain in the same spot until the bullets ran out. The chain broke apart and dropped around Tom. You threw the gun aside and inched closer to him. He stood up and shook himself, rubbing his arms, before looking back at you. "C'mere," he opened his arms up and you collapsed into him, sobbing. "He's gone, Tom!" You cried.