Ch. 3 | Self-Conscious

- "What did he say? What did he do? Are you alright?" Tord was hopping around you. You rolled your eyes. "For the last time, Tord. I'm fine, we just talked, that's all." He was still completely unconvinced. You sighed and turned up the television volume. He scampered off, probably to go interrogate Tom. Not that you cared, though. Unless he acted out. Why is he being so stubborn?

Edd appeared in the doorway. He was looking at the door Tord just disappeared into. "What's up?" He asked, looking back at you. "He's going to talk to Tom," you responded, dropping the remote next to you. "I think." He jumped up onto the couch and snuggled up against the armrest. You scooted sideways, bringing the remote with you. "Where's Matt?" You asked.

"Checking himself out in his room," Edd responded, snorting. You heard a loud thump from upstairs. Edd clearly heard it, too, because he perked up from where he was sitting. "What was that?" You asked. What did Tord do? Edd slid off the couch and wandered out of the living room. You skittered after him. What did he do? He walked up the stairs and looked up at the attic.

You slid past him and ran off to Tom's room. "Tom? Are you okay?" You asked. "Let me go!" Tom shouted. You swung open the door. Tom was crawling over to you desperately, and Tord was gripping onto his feet, pulling him backwards. "What the hell are you doing?" You snapped, fixing your narrowed eyes on Tord. "He wasn't talking!" Tord said, instantly releasing him.

Tom stood up and barged past you, peeking over your shoulder. Tord dropped his gaze. His universal sign of guilt. "What were you thinking? What if you hurt him?" You scolded. "That was kind of the point.." He muttered under his breath. Tom shifted behind you. You huffed and whirled around, then stormed off to his room. "Wait- what're you doing?!" Tord called.

You barged in and grabbed all his hentai posters off the wall, then walked out and downstairs. "Y/N! Let's talk about this!" Tord hissed, alarmed. "No!" You searched around the kitchen until you found a lighter, then shoved all the posters into the sink and set them on fire. Tord watched in horror. "NOO, MY PRIDE AND JOY!" You turned on the water. "Well, you can always buy more pride and joy."

He opened his mouth to respond, but he shut up and stormed off, probably to go curse you out in his room. Tom was standing in the doorway. His mouth was hanging open. "Wh.. How did you do that?" He asked. You fished the ashes out of the drain and dropped them in the trash. "I switched on the lighter and hung the stuff over the fire," you responded sarcastically, rinsing the sink.

"No, without.. y'know- dying?" Tom clarified, raising his eyebrows. "He's my brother, he wouldn't kill me because I burnt some paper," you dried your hands and walked past him into the living room. "Wanna watch some TV?" You asked nonchalantly. "You're just gonna ignore what just happened?" He asked. He was astonished, and you didn't understand why.

"Uh, yeah." You jumped onto the couch and turned on The Children. Tom sat next to you. He dropped the subject instantly when his eyes landed on the screen. Edd walked into the living room. He looked confused. Matt trailed behind him. "What just happened?- With Tord?" Edd asked, sitting on the left armrest. Matt sat next to you and pulled his sweater over his knees.

"Y/N burnt his posters," Tom responded bluntly. His eyes were glued to the screen. Edd froze. "She did?" He asked slowly. "I did," you confirmed. Why did these guys find that so amazing? Did they try it?.. What did he do? You shifted uncomfortably. That motion snapped Tom out of his daze. He blinked at you. "You alright?" He asked. You awkwardly locked your eyes with his.

I love his eyes.. Tom lowered his gaze. He obviously didn't like his. Edd and Matt stared at you two. "Good morning, Y/N" Matt said, waving his hand in your face. "Sorry-" You blinked vigorously and looked sideways. Tom was still staring at his thighs. Edd dragged you into the kitchen. "Tom has a.. time limit-," he began, gripping your wrist. "What do you mean?" 

He glanced sideways into the living room before looking back at you. "-Of eye-contact." You looked into the living room. Matt was rambling to Tom. "And this is about his eyes?" You needed clarification. His eyes were beautiful, you didn't know why he didn't like them. "Yeah, he's been.. teased in the past," Edd muttered. You placed your free hand on your hip. "Well, then!"

You shook your wrist free and marched over to Tom. He looked up, confused "What's up?" You grabbed the sides of his head and knocked his forehead into yours, staring directly into his eyes. "Tom, your eyes are gorgeous." They widened slightly "..Really?" You nodded and let him go. Matt watched awkwardly. He shuffled sideways. Edd walked in after you, blinking.

Tom stared at you. He was fidgeting. "You're not lying are you? You really think that?" He asked. His eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I do, I love your eyes. They're pretty," you responded, smiling. He continued to stare at you for a second. "Really?" He repeated. "Yes, really" you snorted. Tom twitched. Was he.. happy? You couldn't tell. The corners of his mouth were risen ever-so-slightly. 

He pulled you into a very aggressive hug. "Thank you," he muttered. You flinched, then slowly returned the hug "..You're welcome." Matt gave Edd an high-five, which you didn't understand in the slightest. Tom released you abruptly and scooted backwards. Well, that was a quick hug, you commented to yourself, scooting into the middle of the couch, the spot you claimed. -