Ch. 31 | Where's The Drunk

- You and Matt peeked around the corner. You felt extremely giddy. You hadn't seen Tord in forever, and now you were finally going to. The huge door at the end of the hall swung open, and there he was. Tord Larsson. In the flesh. Your eyes widened slightly. He was definitely taller. And he had grown some facial hair. He looked tired and overworked.

You didn't like Tord much, but seeing him like this made you feel a little bad. He walked down the hall, his chin was high despite his tired expression. Two men ran up to him, passing by you. They completely ignored the two soldiers watching their leader intently. Matt abruptly slammed your back against the wall. He pressed himself against the space beside you.

Tord and his men passed by you. Only then did one of his men acknowledge you. A man with dark brown hair and odd bangs nodded to you both as they passed. Matt nodded back, and you copied him. They disappeared down the hall. Gee, that was very anticlimactic, you thought. Matt looked confused. He peeked down the hall again.

"Where's Tom?" He whisper-shouted. You followed his gaze. "Why aren't Paul and Patryk..." He trailed off in thought. You fought the panic rising in your throat. What if something happened to him? You glanced down the corridor Tord and his men disappeared into before scampering in the opposite direction towards the room Tord came out of.

"Y/N!" Matt called after you. He didn't give chase. You grabbed the doorknob and twisted it, but it didn't budge. Damn, it's an automatic lock. You lowered your hand and sighed. Matt appeared behind you. "I think I have the key," he mumbled, fiddling with the keys on his weird ring. You watched behind him, preparing to hurl him into an empty room nearby.

"Here, I think it's this one!" He unlocked the door and swung it open. "Wow," was all you could say. The room was huge. It was all marble, and a huge window sat behind a polished desk with a name tag with Tord's name on it. There were dusty bookshelves everywhere. You could bet 50 bucks that he'd never read a single book on any of them.

There were hentai posters everywhere as well. With all the years that passed, you would think that he would lay off the hentai. Especially considering the fact that he was the leader of a whole army. You snorted and looked around more. There were blueprints everywhere. One of them had an odd monster on it. You tried to read the writing, but it was written in another language that wasn't Norwegian. You sighed and turned away.

Matt was scowling. "What'd he do with Tom?" He grumbled, walking out of the room. You looked around one more time before scampering after him. He locked the door and led you down the hall. "I need to go do lead the training," he said, turning on you. "Alright, I'll see you later?" You tugged on his sleeve.

"Sure, you can stay in my office." He picked a key out of his pocket and handed it to you. "Give it back later," he said. You nodded and watched him walk away. You blinked and called him back. He didn't return, he just paused in his tracks. "Where is it?" You asked, walking closer to him. "Oh, directly down the hall. It has my name on the door," he said.

"Alright, see you!" He stared at you for a moment before pulling you into a quick hug. You tried to hug him back, but he had already started down the hall. You watched him leave, in a trance. Then you realized your situation and hurried down the hall to Matt's office. The door seemed old, but the name tag on it was glowing with freshness.

You unlocked the door slowly, worried that a quick movement would cause the door to literally crumble under your touch. You creaked it open and entered without a second thought. You locked the door behind you and scanned the room. It was messy, and random items were scattered across the floor or stuffed into overflowing shelves.

It seemed really stuffy, and you wondered if Matt ever considered organizing. There was a bed bunk bed in the corner of the room. The bottom bunk was full of junk, and the top was simply a messy and undone bed. There was a huge, fancy chandelier on the ceiling and the curtains were pulled back to let hot light enter the room.

You hopped up onto the top bunk and settled down. You didn't get a chance to sleep, and you felt incredibly drained. Surely Matt wouldn't mind if you took a nap in his bed? You shook your head. I'll be awake before he gets here. You yawned, placed your head on the other end of the bed, and just succumbed to sleep.

- Time Skip -

You sat up in bed, stretched, and yawned simultaneously. "Morning, sunshine." You looked sideways. Matt was standing beside you, his arms crossed and lying on the edge of the bed. "O-Oh! I'm sorry..." You hopped off the bed and stretched one more time before facing him. "That uniform must've been uncomfortable to sleep in," he snorted.

"I didn't care, I was just tired," you answered, shrugging. "Cool, cool. So, I think I found where Tom-" He began. "Where is he?!" You shouted immediately. "Woah, calm, Y/N. Calm," he grabbed your shoulders. "Come on," he released you and walked out of the room. You chased after him, your feet lost their feeling and your whole body buzzed with excitement.

You were about to reunite with Thomas Ridgewell.