Ch. 15 | Candlelit Dinner

Y/N's / Second Person POV:

You and Tom sat across from each other. A candle was sitting on the table; Its faint glow illuminated both your and Toms's face. Chatter surrounded you, which was surprising. It was 10 PM and there were a crap ton of people having dinner with their family and friends. "So, Y/N.." Tom began. You snapped your attention back to the pineapple, humming to let him know that you had acknowledged him.

"Tell me about yourself." You blinked at him, puzzled. "You already know everything there is to know," you pointed out. He scoffed and rested his head in his hands, smiling slightly. The candlelight made him look incredibly handsome. Why? You didn't know. Nor understand. "I don't know a lot about you, though."

His face froze, looking as if you had physically hurt him. "E-eh?" He stammered. You leaned forward, planting your crossed arms on the table. "I don't know a lot about you." He leaned backward in turn. "I don't really like to talk about myself," he muttered, looking sideways. "C'mon, please? I promise I won't judge you."

"Promise?" He glared intensely at you. You cocked your head sideways. "Alright." He sighed loudly and planted his hands roughly on the table. His gaze was dropped, studying the menu. He frowned and looked sideways slightly, probably deciding where to start.

Tom's POV:

What if she's lying? Can I really trust her? I looked at her for a split second. She was staring at me. "Tom?" She asked, reaching out. I backed away from her and exhaled. I'll just skip the.. monster part. "You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to," she reassured. "No, it's fine" I brushed my fingers through my hair. 

"It was a dark and stormy night-" Y/N snorted, interrupting me. "I just need fun facts." I rolled my eyes. "Alright, my mom was a bowling ball and my dad was a pineapple." She bit her lower lip and stared at me with wide eyes. Why is she being so god damn cute? I can't focus when she's staring at me like that. I coughed. "A-and, um.." I trailed off almost as quickly as I began.

She was still staring at me. E/C.. eyes. Wait, focus! I crossed my arms. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. She leaned backward. "I don't know!.. Because?" She looked off somewhere, then back at me. "I'm mesmerized?" I scoffed. "Have you ever used that word?" "No, never." We just made eye contact for a couple of seconds.

 "I have a teddy bear," I added. Y/N smiled and cocked her head sideways. "What's its name?" She asked. I narrowed my eyes slightly. "What's his name. And it's Tommy Bear." She straightened. "It.. He.. Has pronouns?" I rolled my eyes for the second time and didn't respond.

Y/N's / Second Person POV:

Wow, this is such an amazing date. You waved your hand towards Tom's menu. "Let's get our food so we can get outta here." Tom picked up his and quickly skimmed through. "I'll have the spaghetti, I guess." You looked through, but nothing looked appetizing. "Uh, I guess I'll have that, too." A waiter rolled up to your table. "Hello! Welcome to Soro's."

You smiled up at him. Tom's eyes narrowed slightly. "Hey." The waiter placed a bowl of bread on the table and then pulled a notepad out of his pocket. "So, what can I get for you?" You reached hungrily for the bowl and picked up a loaf of bread. "We'll have the spaghetti," Tom answered. You stuffed the bread into your mouth and chewed loudly.

"Alright, as for drinks?" You swallowed. "Do you have F/D?" The waiter nodded and scribbled in his notepad. He looked up and pointed his pen at Tom. "And for you?" Tom set his elbow on the table. "Get me your finest Smirnoff, my good sir." The waiter nodded and wrote one last time in his notepad before skating off. 

You stared at his shoes. "They have skates?" You squealed. Tom scoffed and crossed his arms. "Wow, that's so cool," he said sarcastically. You snorted and pulled out your phone. "What are-" "I'm ordering skates." He leaned backward. "You're kidding." You set it to overnight delivery and stuffed your phone into your pocket. "Nope, I feel inspired." 

Tom kept you entertained by telling you stories about his adventures with his friends up until the food arrived. When it did, Tom instantly pinched the end of a saucy noodle and took it in his mouth. "They give us forks for a reason," you pointed out, spinning your fork around your spaghetti and stuffing it into your mouth.

- Time Skip Because Ya Girl Doesn't Want To Write This Scene. -

Tom led you out of the restaurant. "Bar?" He offered. You blinked at him. "Didn't Edd... Y'know- ban you from taking me to the bar?" Tom sucked his teeth. "Yeah, so?" You blinked for the second time. "Won't he give you the same lectu-" You began. "He won't if he doesn't find out," Tom insisted, walking past you. How could someone act like they weren't drunk? You hoped Tom wasn't planning on having a chugging contest with himself. -