Ch. 25 | The Beginning

- You and Tom sat in the kitchen putting Susan back together. Tom had promised to sing you the song he had written since he never got the chance. At least after Susan was fixed. Edd walked in holding a box. He sighed. "Here's the last box of things we got from the house." Tom forced a smile. "Thanks... Eh- Put it with the rest."

Edd turned and dropped some ashes onto another huge pile. You slammed your forehead into the table and just sat there. Was this the end of a chapter? Or a beginning? "Lucky you bought this place when you did!" Edd said. You rolled your eyes. "Heh, yeah... Shame there's only room for me though, the pictures made it look a lot bigger."

You and Edd looked at the picture the salesman had given him, then at the room. It was comically small. "Eh, my new place isn't much bigger," Edd answered, shrugging. You nodded in agreement. "I feel like I'm going to college all over again," you sighed. "Yeah, it feels like I'm living on a budget," Edd agreed. "And Matt's just finished "redecorating" his."

You snorted. "Never give Matt decorating privilleges." Tom and Edd snickered. Edd pulled a cola out of his pocket and popped it open. "Well, I...I guess it's time for me to go," he sighed. You and Tom stared at him in confusement. "But you just got here," you pointed out. Edd looked around, ignoring you. "I'm gonna miss this old place," he continued.

"This is the first time you've ever been here!" Tom said, puzzled. Edd swung open the front door and stepped out, then turned and looked at the room one more time. He sighed. "Yep... Whole lotta memories." You and Tom stared at him. "See ya around, Edd," Tom said abruptly. Edd grabbed the doorknob. "See ya, Tom," he said, smiling sadly as he closed the door.

"I guess I should get going, too," you said, giving him a small peck on the lips before walking out the door. Matt was leaning on his doorframe. "Howdy, Y/N! Wanna watch Insane Zombie Pirates 5?" He asked. "Sure, I have time!" You answered, walking into his apartment. Edd was already seated on the couch. Ringo laid snuggly on his lap, purring.

You sat next to him and looked at the TV. It looked like the movie was halfway done. Tom walked in holding a bucket of popcorn. He sat down next to you and snaked an arm over your shoulders. "Hey, Tom?" Edd asked suddenly. Tom looked at him. "Yeah?" He responded. "I've always wondered..." Edd pointed at his face. "Why are your eyes black?"

Matt squinted. "Yeah... Why is that?" You looked at Tom, waiting for an answer. Tom chuckled and took a fistful of popcorn in his hands.  "Well, it's a funny story, actually! It all started when I was younger, and I..." He continued talking through a mouth full of popcorn, but neither of you understood what he was saying.

"Tom... Tom? You're mumbling," Edd said, nudging him. "Tom? I can't..." You snorted as he continued to tell the story while simultaneously stuffing his mouth with popcorn. "Tom," Edd repeated. "Tom?" You nudged him, but he didn't budge. "Tom," you all repeated, staring at him. He didn't stop, so you all just let him be.

You leaned your head onto his shoulder, and Edd took a sip of his cola. Matt leaned back into the couch and watched the movie intently. Tom seemed to finish his story after some time, because he stopped talking and scooted a little closer to you. "Hey, Tom?" You poked his side. He hummed. "I really love you." He blinked. "I love you, too, Y/N." 

This marked the beginning of a new era. -

Thank you all for reading "The Both Of You!" Unfortunately, the updates will be very slow from this point because of some personal stuff. I hope I don't lose any readers, because I love and cherish each and every one of you guys! Again, thank you for reading. (And no, this is not the end of the book. I still have many ideas that I want to try out. )