Ch. 11 | Deal With It

- Tord was up in his room. You and the boys were huddled up on the couch, confused and shaken. You had unknowingly leaned your head against Tom's shoulder. There was a blanket covering you all. It was completely dark, however, the light from the TV cast a silvery light to flood the room.

You sighed and pressed closer against Tom. His very presence had an odd way of comforting you. Ringo, the cat that you had seen very little of, hopped up onto Edd's lap. Even she sensed that something was wrong. Matt wasn't gushing about himself. Tord's actions had left everyone uncharacteristically quiet and anxious.

Edd shut off the TV and brushed his brown bangs out of his eyes. "Let's call it a night," he muttered silently. Matt stood up immediately and walked out of the living room without even as much as a farewell. "Good night, guys." Edd followed him. His shoulders sagged as he walked. Edd Gould was powerless. You had all pulled the short straw.

"Why is everyone acting like Edd died?" Tom muttered. You laid your head on his lap and grasped the corner of the blanket tightly. You didn't have an answer for him. He sighed and leaned backwards, letting his head droop over the top of the couch. His fingers were subconsciously brushing your hair.

"Tom?" It's now or never. He hummed in response. "Why don't you like Tord?" Tom stopped brushing your hair and shifted above you. He was sitting up now. "Why are you asking me that?" He asked. You nuzzled your cheek against his thigh. "I don't know, it's just that.. He might be, y'know.. going to jail.."

Tom snorted. "Relax, he's not going anywhere." You flinched at his confidence. "How can you be so sure? Those people were so mad- they'd be crazy not to press charges!" You sat up, too. He narrowed his eyes at you, but didn't say anything. Something warned you not to entirely trust Tom, but you ignored it.

You ignored it.

- Time skip -

The morning rolled around. The birds were singing and the flowers were blooming. Unfortunately. You were laying on something warm and soft. "Mmm.." Your cheek brushed against the surface of whatever you were on as you rolled over to find a warmer position. "Morning, sunshine." Warm breath bathed your ear.

You instantly shot up, suddenly aware of what you were laying on and what position you were in. "T-Tom? How did.." You trailed off. You were straddling his thighs. One of his arms was wrapped around your waist. The other was folded against his face, hiding his eyes. "U-uh, morning." You wiggled out of his grasp and rolled onto the ground.

"How'd-" You began. "Before you say anything, you were the one that cuddled up to me." Your lips parted to let out a silent 'oh.' Tom snorted and crossed his arms behind his head. "We can go out for breakfast today." You gracefully agreed. Free breakfast! Suddenly, all the events from the previous night came rushing back.

What if we're recognized? Tord was probably sleeping so you decided to wear the same clothes you had on to go out. Black yoga pants and a white tank top. You walked off to the bathroom to take a quick shower before the boys woke up. -