002. 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗣𝗬 𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗢

When her tears were more than her words, her courage less than that of her quirk. She met her bully, with blonde hair, ruddy eyes, and an enlarged ego that seemed to increase tenfold once applause was sent its way, it was a one-time thing, she was just going to play along with boys her age, perhaps younger since she had no one else, and while most of them were against it, a sweet green-haired boy insisted, holding her hand and bringing her with him.

It was discouraging to be there after the severe disagreement, but, she still followed, she was the only girl with four boys.

That day, was the first and last time she was ever going to reside in that group.

They were far rowdier and carefree than her, proudly walking in the street while she and the other boy trailed behind them, and then they stepped inside a convenience store, she watched them buy stuff, all might items, she observed their smiles upon tearing it open right outside the shop, grinning in delight.

The blonde kid was far happier than any one of them, denying his now treasured object any spying eyes, protecting it, and retrieving it inside his pocket. She felt out of place for some reason.

Then, they played hero and villain, like any other kid she'd seen, she had to be the one rescued, and she oddly delighted that. The green-haired boy was a villain, while the blonde one was a hero and she was the civilian who needed saving. It was a fun pastime, her heart was beating fast watching the two quarrel until the greenette got harshly pushed down. She got up and quickly asked him if he was okay, it did not please the others.

"You are supposed to ask me if I'm okay, not him!" The blonde sneered at her, she frowned, lowering her gaze, muttering, "Was I supposed to? But you weren't hurt." She innocently replied, "Even villains are humans like us, they get hurt too, you know."

"Do you have a crush on Deku or something? Because you sound stupid." He argued, she shared brief eye contact with the kid, a sad expression now on her small face.

She doesn't know what to say.

"I think I like him more." She hesitantly answered, "You don't know how a hero should act, they are never mean to anyone."

It bothered him.

Then came a hard shove.

That was what she recalled, seeing the all might plushie at the store safely tugged at the corner, almost cleared out, the shop had a handful of customers at this time, nowadays, finding hero merch was common and it got a lot of attention and profit. All might has never been her favorite, not after her mind associated that bitter memory with meeting her bully, then the green-haired boy, Deku, she never got herself to know him better, maybe she was upset, angry with how things flipped upside down. Or she just resented him for sticking and suffering around those mean kids, it made her sad thinking about him, two victims of bullying.

"Oh! um..." she faced a timid voice, finding her greenette classmate standing before her shying away from direct eye contact, she turned away, picked the item from the toy section, and prepared to depart, "you're taking that...?" inquired the boy, particularly no feelings stuck out to her she felt nothing towards him, it was neutral, leaning a little towards dislike from time to time.

"Yes, did you want it?" she asked, ready to hand it to him, but he hastily disagreed, "N-no! It's fine! I've never seen you here, buying all might stuff..." he awkwardly replied, pressing his lips into a thin line. "I usually don't but because of someone, I have to," she responded.

His eyes light up, and he flashes her a tiny smile, "is it a gift?"

She quickly shook her head, furrowing her eyebrows and narrowing her eyes at the image of having her bully as a kind of friend, "no, I just gotta get it for my notebook." he questioned her with a puzzled look, "as an accessory?" she grinned, faking enthusiasm. She couldn't deal with any queries right now. She tries to leave but is stopped again by a curious boy who asks, "Are you and kacchan... in a relationship?" she quickly answers in a bitter tone.