019. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘

She realized it felt like the dream she had.

Only now the windows were closed and she wasn't wearing her blue dress, her earlobes feeling empty, and her nails undone and grown, perhaps it was time she took care of herself because what else could she do? All alone, by herself, in a house.

She coughed, looking at the TV and figuring a little time pass wouldn't hurt. Turning it on, she switched channels and avoided any news coverage, the last thing she wanted was more food to her thoughts, also fearing something about him might be airing, she could imagine the headline 'Ground Zero saves the day with his quirk!' it remained the same.

How everyone still admires him, his stupid quirk, his strengths, praising him and following him like they had no life of their own, except making sure big people got big fame.

She took her eyes off the screen and frowned, knowing she should stop where her thoughts were heading but she'd felt the rage and she needed to thwart it by thinking about it more. By letting it torture her.

At times like these, she learned having someone to talk to would do her good. When intrusive notions didn't have the means to wipe themselves out.

It didn't help that her mind was growing weaker and weaker with each restless night.

She sighed, throwing the remote to the ground unexpectedly. The sound drew her out of her impulsive action which made her stare at the flying colors and feel herself slip again, tears formed in her eyes, and she didn't find it necessary to stop herself from weeping more and pouring out her feelings.

She wanted to feel like herself again.

Maybe after she sees her parents or anyone that means good, she'll feel a little happy. But, she's never sure, she never has been.

Continuing her mindless watch, she let her days pass her by the same. It was time to ready herself for a confrontation, now that she thinks about it, only a week had passed but it felt longer. Her parents were supposed to arrive a little later however they called her a day early, letting her know she had to come out of the house and return to what was once hers.

Involving Izuku in her family business seemed wrong, especially since he's an outsider to her parents, they wouldn't take it nicely seeing him with her, but she didn't want to go alone.

She sat in the car, making herself comfortable and observing the tall buildings passing by, the day was sunny and the people were smiling, "You'll be fine without me right?" Izuku asked she hummed, facing away from him and making sure he didn't want to ask more questions by ignoring him. She knew how bad of an idea it was, she regretted leaving her room altogether. 

But she should make the most of her visits outdoors.

"Hey, do you think we could stop by a bookstore?" And he did, he told her it was his usual store he loved to lounge around in, but strangely she didn't find herself caring for the details. She kept going ahead without him, looking at everything for her choice of book.

Eventually, she found it. A book about pregnancy. 

She'd needed to be prepared if anything. She brought it with a promise of paying him back for everything he's done for her.

Then, they reached their destination.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Izuku asked, parked outside her home as he kept his hand on the steering wheel, looking at her for answers. She nodded, not meeting his gaze, "Yeah. I don't want any more misunderstandings."

"Okay, I'll be outside for a while if you need me." he turned away and kept quiet.

She didn't feel like leaving the car, she never thought she'd be afraid to enter her haven, it was the safest place now it felt like a reoccurring nightmare she had many years ago. She took in a deep breath and unlocked the door, slowly stepping out and looking at the house she came to after work just a couple of months ago.