018. 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗬 𝗜𝗡𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘

Katsuki stared at the wall in his office, the papers slogging his table half-done, the bland office aromatised with the keen smell of burnt caramel, windows wide and sterile, everything made to his preference.

The blonde himself appears to be in an unpleasant mood, his thoughts shrinking back to her, what her mother said, what it meant.

What it meant for him.

She wasn't only going to leave him but marry someone else, someone better.

Inadvertently his grip on the pen increased, breathing in and out a little faster, furiously scrawling on the white sheets when the notion of her being with some other man came into his mind.

Unknowingly he had also begun to tremble. His knuckle had gone white, lips tightly sealed, glaring at the objects as if they had done him wrong as if they contained a horrible memory he couldn't condone.

He had to know she wasn't trying to escape. If she does, he's going to do something regrettable.

Starting the program on his device, he selected the CCTV footage and soon enough, it showed her room, clean, with no conspicuous thing shattered or tapered, his precious victim in bed, peacefully asleep. Thinking he couldn't see her.

She stirred and her face was now within view, he silently watched, content with the knowledge that he has her, and they were going to marry, he's her life-long partner, not anybody else, he's the one who'd see her every day, someone who loves her, someone who's going to protect her.

She belongs to him now and he's not going to let her parents or any third-class lover get in his way.

He's her best choice.

"Good morning sir, Mr Red riot has requested to see you. May I let him in?" Solicited the female assistant who entered his office shyly, Katsuki side-eyes her, evaluating her words and shortly after, he grunted with furrowed eyebrows.

Sometime later, kirishima joined him. Smiling bright and cloaked in his hero costume, he seemed gladder than usual. He cheered, "Hey man! How's it going?"

Katsuki remained still. He did not answer.

Kirishima's grin slightly wavered, anxiously looking at the tall windows, he put forward a curious question, "so... Are you okay? You look out of it today."

The blonde male glared at him, soundlessly deeming the query unworthy of a response.

"Okay... You wanna grab a bite? Chill for a bit and maybe talk." Kirishima suggested after a tense moment of waiting, whilst the blonde without a word strode out of the room, resigning the redhead to follow behind him.

"Is something wrong dude? You can trust me, man, we're friends! We can share some stuff right?" Kirishima attempted to ameliorate the male but it seemed like he wasn't in the mood to talk or look at him.

The friend decided to keep quiet after that.

The sector was bustling with heroes and sidekicks, and the atmosphere was like the market area where there's no rule to keep the peace, bargaining and talking as one would want, the two friends sauntered past many people on their way to the restaurant. Both keep up a steady pace, the usual smile on the redhead somewhat dimmed.

Kirishima observed his friend walk, standing tall and stomping with heavy footsteps, his composure tautened, while he knew this was the normal way he acted, just something felt eerie.

"So you told me you may or may not have gotten a girlfriend." The redhead nervously began, absolving the weird sensation within himself.

"Good for you man, you got one before me, what's she like? I seriously thought you were hooking up with your assistant for a second." He strived to joke but it served no purpose as the comment fell on deaf ears and unanswered.