┎ 𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘𝗥

A voice record echoed through the white four-walled room, a small and minimalist space incorporated with monitors and a sleek desk.

There stood two women. One of them seemed to be uninterested in the subject while the other wore a tensed facade. Nervously scrolling down the extended page, with unease.

"Why are you bothering yourself with this extra chore? You know you can just skip over it right?" Announced a bored lady leaning behind a mature woman with white hair and a single blue strand.

"I just... Can't get it out of my head." Replied she.

"This happened a week ago right? Look, it might have been nothing, but you can check for your peace of mind, however, you shouldn't ruin your health."

"I won't... I just wanna see if I can hear anything else from this call. Except for the slamming sound, it could have been a kidnapping." The woman vouched, skimming through the contents in a file, gaze trained on the audio recordings.

"Do you think it could have been saved? The call I mean." She asked.

"Should be, it might take long though, serie unless you didn't tape it?" The female with short brown hair answered with a frown.

"No- no I clearly remember recording it the moment I didn't hear anything, it should have been saved!"

"Look, take my advice and just leave it be, it's better not to involve ourselves in our private investigation without a warrant. You could get into some serious trouble if I had rat you out to the managers."

"Miley, please, just... Let me confirm it was nothing. I won't bother you like this again, I promise." Serie demurely emphasized, speeding up the process after giving her friend one glare.

The brunette stepped back with raised hands, propping herself against the wall with crossed arms, staring at the girl promptly leaping past catalogues of audio.

Suddenly perking up when what she was looking for, appeared on the bright screen.

"This is it! I found it!" She cheered, quickly clinking and turning up the volume, leaning in closer in odds of heeding anything she might have bypassed.

To her dismay, she still couldn't hear anything clearer than before, it was just static silence with an eerie disturbance of something. It soon came to the part where she heard the slamming and the line cutting off.

"See! Like I told you, maybe this person was trying to call for help but they couldn't say anything and someone found out and they probably got rid of the phone!" Confidently illustrated serie, pointing her hand to further cement her statement.

Miley swiftly tries to diffuse the situation, pacifying her friend with little concern, "I hear you, let's give this to the authorities and leave it to them, there's not much we can do. With our status, we can only inform them, we can't convince them if they deem it as a prank call." She said.

Serie groaned, grazing her face with ferocity, much too unpleased with the supposed outcome her friend denoted. Sniffing in a sharp breath, she seeks to find a solution, resuming her stint, waning with the audio.

Miley furiously tossed her gaze to the door, gripping the sides of her waist as she stifled her mean response.

Serie significantly heightened the audio with a click of the mouse and prepared to hear the consequence, tapped the icon. This time.

There was a clear muffled screaming in the background.

NOTICE

Updates will resume soon.