015. 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗬 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘

The scene at the table was wearisome.

The female wearing a frown as she positioned her hands on her lap, peering at the male opposite to her glaring at her face, she tugged her hair behind her ears, visible eye bags and red lines showing at the rim, abnegating comfort while his carmine hued eyes were on her, louring balefully, then at the plate of half-eaten food she forced down her throat, it didn't feel pleasant.

"Why is your plate still full?" he firmly asked, splintering the tensity in the air surrounding them, she peeked at the voice, nervously embracing her lips together and her eyes unable to sustain persistent eye contact with the man sitting across the dining table. She replied, "I'm not feeling hungry..."

She made the mistake of tearing away her gaze upon completing her sentence, his dour expression displacing itself with irritation and he meanly mouthed, "Just say you don't like my cooking." she quickly shook her head, hoping to damage control of what even the safest option had landed her on and it seemed even silence didn't help her case.

"No, that's not it. I promise." she calmly reassured her outward appearance not coinciding with her inner mind, giving her word to his meddling tetchiness so their conversation wouldn't be needlessly hostile.

"Don't lie to me." he said, "You didn't sleep all night, did you? What were you doing, looking for something to help you with your escape?"

She had somewhat foreseen his statement, all the more insecure and parsimony when she was in question, craving to decipher what her quietude meant by less peaceful norms.

"No, I did sleep right after you left, I only woke up when I had to... puke." she hesitantly answered, he wordlessly tested the veracity in her response, sneering, but it did match up.

"Hmph, that's what you get for not eating in time, idiot." he scoffed, she excluded their exchange of words so he wouldn't misunderstand more than necessary, as it was in his nature to doubt her no matter what. She was the diffusor in their conundrum pair.

The stillness endures, the clinks of her spoon against the glass as she puts some rice into her mouth, dithering to ingest it with curry, katsuki quietly watched her chew, thinking if the medicine dosage he put into her food needed to be stronger whilst observing her swallow and slowly finish whatever lingered on her plate.

The girl uncomfortably shifted in her seat, fastidious to his sullen attitude, she gulped, her mood-altering and unnerved by his stare, coercing herself to devour the last portion of rice.

He immediately took the dishes, letting her inspect her whereabouts, looking out the large window on the kitchen side when all she noticed were trees and greenery, there was a huge casement window in the living hall, but getting out by breaking it would attract his attention, which wouldn't be ideal with his speed and experience.

If she could lessen his disciplining methods by being sensible, then so be it, she could not overpower him, but outsmarting him when the time comes is worth an attempt.

A silent predator with a renounced and notorious vulture can get the better of it.

"I have my patrol tomorrow, you better behave if you want to live." he suddenly announced, moving his gaze to the female's presence in the room, "if I see anything out of place, I'm going to make you wish you hadn't done it." He finished.

He would know. He did not install the cameras for no purpose, he was going to watch her, and she wouldn't know it. She nodded, rapidly blinking her eyes as she quietly resumed caressing her fingers, just knowing even if she was not trying to lie, he would think that because he always doubts.