02. 𝗦𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗖𝗞

"Oh... This place is isolated." A young detective mumbled, eyeing the sunny outside, and turned right to face the male who had yet to respond.

The male's grey eyes trained on the road looked at him once, his jet black hairs neatly concealed in his worn-out hat gently blowing in the warm breeze. The inexperienced detective grimaced, giving leeway for his thoughts.

Although he should have kept his mouth shut, he had an odd habit of provoking when the silence was too loud. He abruptly let out more strings of words intended for the stringent man.

"It would be very easy to kidnap someone here, and this area is vast, traces could be anywhere." He glanced at his senior.

"What kind of idiot would wander off by themselves, if you ask me, this could be a lost cause."

"Would you shut up and do as you're told, rookie, we do our jobs as assigned without 'this' or 'that'."

"Yeah. Sure." He pursued his lips, the hefty words of his elder sinking in, pleased to have earned his attention. He smiled, "I was just sharing my opinion, is all. Sorry, Mr Cameron."

The older man shoots a glare at him, saving his words for a better time. He turned to the road, and not long after, his eyes spotted a convenience store.

Instantly deciding it was a good idea to ask wherever they could. He looked over to the brunette and sternly mouthed instructions.

"You better keep your mouth shut while I'm questioning, don't let any vital information slip your mouth, teo."

The young man crankily gave a subtle nod, finalizing their coalition relatively peacefully.

The prowl car came to a halt in the desolated location, it seemed like no one liked to trek off to this part of town, and the inadequacy of crowds or people was slightly worrisome.

The two eventually stepped out and let themselves in, the shop owner appeared apprehensive, observing the men like a hawk and held the phone in his hands tighter when the duo started to speak.

"We are here to ask some questions about a case, recently, it was reported that someone had disappeared. We would like you to answer our questions." Cameron firmly stated without a hint of leniency, insinuating panic in the single occupant of the shop.

"I... Um, I haven't seen anyone out of the usual officers." He said, his eyes fixated on the two, attempting to maintain a calm posture, even though he had begun to sweat underneath his red shirt.

"I have not seen anything strange, my customers live around here somewhere, and they are influential people." He concludes with an uncertain nod of his head.

Cameron raised his eyebrows, taking in the unusual mannerisms of the owner, but he supposes an innocent one gets intimidated easier, he couldn't blame him. He quickly asked.

"The person supposedly vanished at the end of last month, at around 9 a call was made but the victim couldn't get anything in, we suspect it was a kidnapping. Have you seen anyone with violent traits?"

The man got to thinking, averting his gaze while he reminisced whatever his mind could compile at a tensed time like these. Shortly, he answered, "I may have? But I'm not sure." He carried on.

"Last month, during nighttime, one of the popular heroes nowadays, with... Uh, blonde hair and red eyes came to my shop. He purchased some mild sleeping pills, and then he was off. Until I saw him... Stomp down on something."

He resumed after stealing a peek.

"I couldn't tell what it was, and I think I saw someone in his car but I'm not entirely sure."