001. 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗣𝗬 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗬

The more she tries to avoid it, the harder it gets. It's a bittersweet truth.

Subjected to his mean words had a cynical outcome on her confidence, glaring at her, always smiling at her misery, touching her with intent to hurt, tossing paper balls at her, sometimes pulling her hair If she ever had the tragic coincidence of sitting in front of him. Whenever they share eye contact, she feels as though he is wordlessly belittling her with his blood-red eyes.

For the most part, however, it wasn't physical.

Today, he just seemed more competitive.

Sitting in the far back with the other girls separated by gender, she observes the way her blonde bully perfects his task, and hearing her male classmates cheer at the sight of anything minor or major, she had gotten adjusted to it. Her teacher returned, a whistleblower hanging from the collar and a small stick he likes to use at his grasp.

The girls beside her quietly laughed, whispering dirty somethings into each other's ears, giggling and some lacked shame she presumes.

They tapped her shoulder and gently uttered 'The boys told us to give you this message, Katsuki likes your black underwear.' She stopped, side-eyed her sweet-mocking classmate, then pressed her lips together, the humiliation sweeping up her body, she nervously looked back at their teacher and attempted to disregard the dreadful beats of her heart. Thoughts ran rampant in her mind and she clenched her fist around her wrist and swallowed her unease when the teacher noticed her.

"Let's see how much you've all improved since the last time, we'll be doing a race test, then a throwball test, and finally, a strength test." He sternly talked to them glancing at his students, some appearing enthusiastic, others apprehensive.

"First row, you are up."

The words dulled themselves, the noisy cheers and girls talking tuning out, she just couldn't help but overthink, the most consistent thought being, 'When- how did he see it?' She has been so meticulous in sidestepping him and keeping herself hidden. No boys were allowed in the changing rooms unless someone lied, or leaked information to disrespect her.

It wouldn't be uncharacteristic of her classmates. She briefly looked at the other side, watching the blonde focus on the current race, however, slowly looked her way and smirked, as if he was anticipating her reaction.

She was the one to break away the instant their gaze met, steadily inhaling while she bit the inside of her mouth, she tried to concentrate and hopefully, neglect her pressing thoughts for a short while, so she didn't end up butchering her physical test.

"Ok! The last row, you are up!" She rose, jogging behind the girls to catch up, each race consisted of five students, she was up with the gossiping girls and two mean girls who probably knew what color of underwear she was wearing now. She gulped, slowly taking her place in between them, failing to dismiss the pessimistic feelings as she got in her position and her heartbeat accelerated, she felt like she wasn't in the moment when the whistle sounded out and the five of them galloped.

The cheering was loud in her ears, shouts and raving she heard of her that managed to disturb her. She kept up her pace, in the lead before a black-haired classmate caught up and she paid attention to her voice. "You suck, black underwear." She teased, quickly running forward, she grimaced, using her last bit of energy to force herself to move hastily. As they neared the finish line, she sprinted right behind her, both of them now in the same place. It could be a tie if they kept up. She shot her a nasty glare, putting all her strength, and left the girl behind, securing herself first place.

She had never won the golden opportunity before, so it came as a pleasant surprise when her teacher cheered and said, "Woah! That's a big improvement, you had come last place, right?" He asked, she nodded, breathing heavily. He patted her and sent them away, then she saw the shocking look in the girl's grey eyes. Hatred. Envy.